WNW Lancaster B.Mk.1/III or Dambuster

Southern Bandit

WNW Lancaster B.Mk.1/III or Dambuster  

32 members have voted

1. 1. So, if you have decided on waiting on WNW for your 1/32 Lancaster, what one will you choose? Dont be voting if you have no real intention of buying, this is a sort of tag on to my earlier curious interest poll between the HKM and WNW Lancs, it jus a more focused one, nothing sinister or anything, might even help AM folk ... I dunno :)

• Yes, at least one WNW regular Lancaster
    • Yes, at least one WNW Dambuster Lancaster
    • Yes at least one of each.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/27/2018 at 08:30 AM

So, if you have decided on waiting on WNW for your 1/32 Lancaster, what one will you choose?

Dambuster one is the easy choice for me, steeped in history with having 617 serve locally to me for so long n all at RAF Lossiemouth, My late Dad being in the RAF too, but hey, really like WW2 aviation and the Lancasters and what a fascinating squadron, and not just the dam raids.

The other Lancaster's did their stuff too, and not glorifying war or anything, the poor bomber lads were just doing a job and took far too long to get recognition, just following orders ETC, so no politics please ... its just about the Aircraft.

Its the amazing choices of two Lancs we are fascinated with here, be interesting to hear what we all choose or if we choose both. Its a poll about who are, not who are about not buying WNW Lancs this time please.

Its just a bit of fun on my part, same as last poll, no data passed on or whatever that cant be gleaned from another 2 week public poll of mine.

Enjoy and have fun with whatever kit you choose, I will build mine, this will be no stash queen.

Kit of the century IMHO, easily.

Edited by Southern Bandit
update

1 hour ago, LSP_Ray said:

Hmmm...haven't voted yet because I simply don't know. I am 99% sure I will do only one due to size, but which one? I might see what markings are available first.

Tricky choice to make.

Hannants are currently showing around 15 Kits-World decal sets for the Mk III.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?product_category_id=&product_division_id=&manufacturer_id=&code=&product_type_id=&scale_id=953&keyword_search=Lancaster&setPerPage=25&currency_id=

Great nose art, plus the options on the MkI/III for different bomb loads.

Best to start saving and buy both!

:D

Edited by PhilB

10 minutes ago, Artful69 said:

Here's another choice ... I may or may not buy one ... I definitely haven't decided on a "NO' vote yet (or I wouldn't post here!).

We have no actual display, no test shot, no actual price, no actual reviews yet ... too early to call.

Rog :)

+1

It's 12 months at least before WNW releases anything. I am not even thinking about it before then.

We have WNW's reputation to call on and thats enough for me Art, we all know these kits are not going to be bad uns :)

Price concern is valid, otherwise we are on a certainty here.

End of day, its just a fun vote, if you are dead serious about it dont vote, its a fun thing :)

Still cant believe its happening wake up and pinch myself, WNW Lancaster ... yea, its true :)

57 minutes ago, Southern Bandit said:

We have WNW's reputation to call on and thats enough for me Art, we all know these kits are not going to be bad uns :)

Price concern is valid, otherwise we are on a certainty here.

End of day, its just a fun vote, if you are dead serious about it dont vote, its a fun thing :)

Still cant believe its happening wake up and pinch myself, WNW Lancaster ... yea, its true :)

Reputation may be good enough for you - and that's fine. I don't think they will be 'bad' at all ... just - steak on the plate for me, though ...

WnW haven't ventured into the WWII market yet (and though I tend to think they'll do it well - there is no guarantee)

Did 617 Lancs have oil canning? - or were their planes fresh from the factory? ... What will the oil canning actually look like on a built kit? ...

Will the test shots be more ... or less accurate, overall, than the HKM offering?

So for now the only certainty for me is that I'm definitely buying two 32' scale Lancasters ... and one of them, when built, will be a 617 Chastise variant.

Way too many variables for me to vote a definite 'YES" to a purchase ... but it is definitely NOT a definitive 'NO'.

There is one option I haven't considered ... WnW kits become quite pricey when sold out ... I may buy one just for an investment punt anyway!! :D

I understand that the hype is real ... exciting times for all ahead!

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69

Dambuster Upkeep fit on a late paddle bladed airframe with Just Jane markings, as a kind of tribute-to-all "what if" warbird on the airshow circuit circa 2030, beyond my time. 

That will incense purists but I'm shying away from chopping a ~£350 kit to make a Lancastrian, but may chicken out and build a HKM Lanc as Just Jane as-is. 

I will also wait till all three current releases are out before buying anything, at which point availability will make the decision for me as I honestly believe they will all sell fairly well. 

Tony

I’m buying one for certain.

I just read a Dambuster book, I also purchased a new Dambuster book that focuses on the RCAF crews.

I am currently reading a book titled, “Luck of A Lancaster.” Yes, bomber crews had it tough. This particular book is about a lone Lancaster that survived its entire time in 41 Squadron. It follows the crews that flew her and their fate.