Trumpeter F/A-18F Super Hornet

Aircav1980

I have the Trumpy single-seater but for the two-seater I think I'll be waiting for the Revell....the hump has wrong shape (but in the two-seater with opened cnopy you notice less) and the ASQ-228 ATFLIR conformal pylon is completely fancy. PWMP also makes underwing pylons...

10 minutes ago, Luca said:

I have the Trumpy single-seater but for the two-seater I think I'll be waiting for the Revell.....

From what Ive seen from the Hornet SMEs, waiting for the Revell two-seater (if inaccuracies on the single seater are repeated) may get you a whole slew of different problems. 

47 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

From what Ive seen from the Hornet SMEs, waiting for the Revell two-seater (if inaccuracies on the single seater are repeated) may get you a whole slew of different problems. 

I know, there's a serious chance (my hope is that they correct the humpback)... but I've already started building the Trumpeter E <_<

Edited by Luca

IIRC, the rear IP in the Trumpeter F kit isn’t strictly wrong, it’s just early.  After the intital Block, they added the Advanced Crew Station (ACS), which added an additional display on top of the rear IP, which also affected the rear IP shroud.  The F kit has the pre-ACS rear cockpit, but the G kit has the ACS cockpit.  The good news is that the G kit has two of the ACS rear IPs and shrouds due to duplicate sprues, so there is a spare for upgrading the F kit.

17 hours ago, PhilB said:

I have both an E and an F in the stash.

As Thierry has said, the am is pretty limited.

I have the decals for the Jolly Rogers F and they are superb.

Aires replacement seats, and exhausts plus Rhino intakes and wheels which are superb too.

I also have the Eduard internal and external brass and a quickboost control column.

EDIT:

I forgot to mention Jake Melampy's book  "The modern Super Hornet Guide" which is a guide done by a modeller for modellers and excellent

There isnt anyone wanting to sell the F kit is there? Does anyone know where I can get Jakes’s book?

Did the  F a long time ago, there are a lot of parts to the airframe, and they all interact with each other. You have to be mindful of how a step at the beginning of the build can affect the fit of another. I took a lot of time to dryfit and plan assembly, I managed to do the build virtually fill free.  http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/224276-trumpeter-fa-18f-132-build/     build thread, surprised this survived photobucket

Don

Edited by dmthamade

Don- How has your F's landing gear behaved over the years?  Any sagging noted?  I have a couple of these kits but have not really had much interest in building them, until I saw your build...missed in back then. Very inspiring, and informative. 

If those main gear legs suffer the same ills as the Academy gear, wonder if any aftermarket metal will be offered?

jp

4 hours ago, johncrow said:

Don- How has your F's landing gear behaved over the years?  Any sagging noted?  I have a couple of these kits but have not really had much interest in building them, until I saw your build...missed in back then. Very inspiring, and informative. 

If those main gear legs suffer the same ills as the Academy gear, wonder if any aftermarket metal will be offered?

jp

The main gear looks ok, tires are aligned, no sag or bending to the legs. Have to say, this is a heavy build, might want to think about metal (Not SAC) gear as a preventative measure.

Don

3 hours ago, dmthamade said:

The main gear looks ok, tires are aligned, no sag or bending to the legs. Have to say, this is a heavy build, might want to think about metal (Not SAC) gear as a preventative measure.

Don

Sorry, what does SAC stand for?