ICM 1/32 Bucker Bu131 Dutch version

kensar

This is a short build thread for a ICM Bucker Bu131 in 1/32 scale.  I haven't seen one finished yet but one or two threads were started.

I have decided to do a Dutch training version.  The plane I will model was captured by the Germans when The Netherlands were overrun.

number_75_dutch_air_force.jpg

The overall color was a turquoise blue/gray shade.  The aluminum parts appear to be a natural aluminum finish based on the photo.

Bucker_131_01.jpg

Bucker_131_02.jpg

Bucker_131_04.jpg

Bucker_131_05.jpg

Bucker_131_07.jpg

Bucker_131_08.jpg

I have enhanced some details and will try to make the cowling removable to view the engine.

The fit is very good.  Being a new tool, the detail is crisp and sharp.  Minimal cleanup is needed.  One gripe I do have is the plastic is extremely soft.  This makes the fuse tubing parts very fragile and easily broken when removing from the sprues and when handling.  The locating pins are very small and this makes for minimal gluing surfaces and low bonding strength in some joints.

But overall I really like this model.  Relatively low parts count for the detail.

And it's a biplane!

• 1 year later...

Update

Making slow progress on this as it is not my top priority build.  The recent progress stems from receiving a Silhouette cutting machine for Xmas and had to try it out, making painting masks for the number '75' for the fuse.  Dutch roundels are from DutchDecals - very nice decals - opague and reacts well to softening fluid.

Bucker-131-10.jpg

Bucker-131-12.jpg

Will need safety harnesses to continue with this one.

Lovely little kit I agree, mine's one of the ones started but not finished, though it's on the shelf to my right looking at me all the time!  Perhaps after the Gladiator's done.  My only gripe so far with it is the lack of "boots" at either end of the interplane struts, they all had them but ICM have ignored them.  Quickboost make some which I bought too late but I', not sure they are worth it, I'll probably mould some for mine with a putty.

OCm4WY.jpg

0Opggg.jpg

Edited by mozart