Suggestions?

Anthony in NZ

On 1/12/2021 at 7:17 AM, ltdann said:

I'd love to see the Grumman F3F series. I have lots of drawings including the loft lines.

Lots of nicely documented USN/USMC livery schemes for the type, and YW-decals has done a fine job of replicating the markings in 1/32.

Edited by ivanmoe

• 2 weeks later...

Silver Wings

LSP Sponsors

642 posts

Author

Posted August 5, 2020

Hi Guys,  We are currently focusing on the new projects, hence not investing in the Finnish Fokker, however we have recently started researching the documentation in order to determine if we could release such Fokker in the nearest future

WS9I8bU.gif             So has this dropped off the map Simon ???

On 2/8/2021 at 3:51 AM, Silver Wings said:

Guys, which documentation currently available on the market would you recommend for the F3F ?

This is the best one:

https://www.amazon.com/Grumman-F2F-F3F-Civil-Variants/dp/1734972726

There are other offerings, from Squadron Publications and Profile Publications, but they are brief,  thin on documentation and prone to errors in the text/descriptions.

Yellow-Wings decals is an authority on the livery aspects of all three types, F3F-1/2/3.

Accurate Miniatures did very nice F3F-1 and F3F-2.

I mention its offerings because looking them over would give you an idea as to what the challenges might be of doing both models, as the differences go well beyond the markings.

Thanks for giving "the flying beer-bottle" a look! :D

-Moe

23 hours ago, Silver Wings said:

Given that some Ukrainian company is following exactly our lead when it comes to topic selection, it would be too risky to invest in such a project. We are sorry...

If that'sthe case you shouldn't release 'anything'.

Thanks for answering the question in no uncertain terms.

On 2/12/2021 at 10:01 AM, MikeMaben said:

If that'sthe case you shouldn't release 'anything'.

It is called minimiziong operational risk by making strategically prudent decisions. In such a situation we simply prefer to focus on new projects rather than conversions of old ones :) Have a great weekend!

Edited by Silver Wings

1 hour ago, CShanne said:

This is probably not too popular but I would really love to see an updated F4B4 or P-12 (I prefer the navy version).

Couldn’t agree more about the planes being terrific subjects!

Edited by ivanmoe

• 2 weeks later...

The F3F planes have a real possibility, given the age of the Revell/Monogram alternatives. In the same field, the SBC-3 or -4 biplanes look really nice and of course, I am always hoping for any Shrike (A-8 or A-12) or a Martin B-10B. But given your location, why not a PZL P-23? A Karas would be amazing. You could also do something really crazy like a Vindicator... not a spectacularly successful plane, but looks good with yellow wings.

Tnarg

On 2/24/2021 at 1:13 AM, Tnarg said:

The F3F planes have a real possibility, given the age of the Revell/Monogram alternatives. In the same field, the SBC-3 or -4 biplanes look really nice and of course, I am always hoping for any Shrike (A-8 or A-12) or a Martin B-10B. But given your location, why not a PZL P-23? A Karas would be amazing. You could also do something really crazy like a Vindicator... not a spectacularly successful plane, but looks good with yellow wings.

Tnarg

More excellent suggestions, so thank you Tnarg!:clap2:

Particularly interested in the Curtiss SBC-3/4, as it's never been done in 1/32.

Edit: Some period color pics of the Helldiver...

sbc-3-helldiver-divebombermovie.jpg

sbc4-rudyarnold-01.pngsbc4-rudyarnold-07.pngsbc4-rudyarnold-08.jpgsbc4-rudyarnold-09.jpgsbc-helldiver-hg-01.png

sbc-life-01.pngsbc-life-02.pngsbc-life-03.png

2.jpg

sbc4-rudyarnold-03-1.pngsbc4-rudyarnold-02.pngsbc4-rudyarnold-04.png

Edited by ivanmoe

I believe the SBC-4 version is one of the Combat Models vac kits, but it would be so much more amazing in resin or dare we suggest, injection? The commander's plane from Enterprise with the large blue stripes and blue triangle on top wing plus the yellow wings make a spectacular subject.

Thanks for some other amazing photos. This plane really catches your eye.

Tnarg