1/32 REVELL HAWKER TYPHOON

Tolga ULGUR

Tolga,  a few years back a member did a full re-scribe Revell car door Tiffy and it had unfaired cannons.   Simply awesome efforts I do recall.  I’m hopeful a good search or someone might recall this particular build and kindly provide a link.  Your talents can makes this classic into an awesome build.  Go for it.  Don’t look backwards.  

Thanks to all for their replies, very appreciated indeed

As a result,

It seems that my choice is steering for 1/24 Airfix kit.

I have got a reply from Special Hobby today about my question of future release of Typhoon.

They confirmed that they have a plan about Typhoon but any release date for this time being.

7 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

I'd wait for the SH kit, plenty of suitable plastic out there for you to work your magic on in the meantime.

5 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

Tolga,  a few years back a member did a full re-scribe Revell car door Tiffy and it had unfaired cannons.   Simply awesome efforts I do recall.  I’m hopeful a good search or someone might recall this particular build and kindly provide a link.  Your talents can makes this classic into an awesome build.  Go for it.  Don’t look backwards.  

Thanks for the encouragement.

7 hours ago, Tolga ULGUR said:

I have got a reply from Special Hobby today about my question of future release of Typhoon.

They confirmed that they have a plan about Typhoon but any release date for this time being.

Cool , thanks for that Tolga  :thumbsup:

17 hours ago, Tolga ULGUR said:

As a result,

It seems that my choice is steering for 1/24 Airfix kit.

Hi,

Let me give you a bit of advice.It's a great kit.

But their's a problem with the fit of the wheels to the LG legs.The slots don't match.

I've just build the car-door.The gabs on the doors(clear parts)and fuselage are to big.

If it's all the same to you.Go for the bubble-top to avoid that problem.

36682142_1594382360687764_23169974644831

Edited by Erwin

5 hours ago, Erwin said:

Hi,

But their's a problem with the fit of the wheels to the LG legs.The slots don't match.

I've just build the car-door.The gabs on the doors(clear parts)and fuselage are to big.

Thank you Erwin...

18 hours ago, Erwin said:

Hi,

Can't say I had that problem on mine, but I did build it slightly differently to any other I've seen insofar as I made the door and canopy articulate.  I built a hinge for the right hand door into the fuselage part that covers the instrument panel and attached the door to that.  Then I glued that to the model do that I had correct spacing for the rear part of the canopy, which ensured I had no gaps.  You can follow this in my build, the link to which is in my signature below.  Even if you didn't want to articulate any of the canopy or doors, the principle is the same to eliminate any gaps.

Here's a few pictures:

LZaVvc.jpg

6EK6yW.jpg

qnQJKh.jpg

And here's the finished result:

2zTv7C.jpg

bcDB7u.jpg

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Michael

13 hours ago, skiner said:

you can see mine here... lot of work ...

http://master194.com/maquettes/skiner/typhoon/index.htm

5 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

Can't say I had that problem on mine, but I did build it slightly differently to any other I've seen insofar as I made the door and canopy articulate.  I built a hinge for the right hand door into the fuselage part that covers the instrument panel and attached the door to that.  Then I glued that to the model do that I had correct spacing for the rear part of the canopy, which ensured I had no gaps.  You can follow this in my build, the link to which is in my signature below.  Even if you didn't want to articulate any of the canopy or doors, the principle is the same to eliminate any gaps.

Here's a few pictures:

LZaVvc.jpg

6EK6yW.jpg

qnQJKh.jpg

And here's the finished result:

2zTv7C.jpg

bcDB7u.jpg

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Michael

Thanks for the links.