Tamiya F4U-1D decal instructions

AdamR

Found the instructions.

Embarrassing. Somehow, they had managed to stash themselves in my old F4U-1A box. How they got there, only the Carpet Monster knows. I had turned the shop upside down looking for the sheet, and I was looking in the old box for that kit's sheet, just to see what it looked like. There was the new sheet, right on top.

I did the same with a HC F4u kit (re-boxed Trumpeter). Looked everywhere for the damn profiles. I don't remember what made me finally look at the box bottom...

WHAT IDIOT PUTS INSTRUCTIONS ON THE BOX BOTTOM??!!???

OK, I feel better now...

This cracks me up! Yesterday.... I just knew I owned one extra resin wheel well for the P-51D and one for the Alison engine variants. Well it turned out that Mr. brain-of-a-forgetful-squirrel, stashed both and one other Alison taped to the JR P-51B in its kit box. That makes three plus the one that Jerry included with the kit. Now that I am retired and catching up on bench time I am discovering deep secrets buried in the stash. No extra WNW kits however.

Rick

I have a rather nasty habit of always working on a half dozen different projects at the same time, and can't tell you how many times I've found parts, aftermarket, decals (and even tools), in boxes they didn't go with.