The best 1/32 BF 109 is...

Vitor Costa

Wow, this is a blast from the past.  I did make the Dragon Bf-109 and it is way better than the Eduard kit IMO...I had previously mentioned that I liked the Eduard (which I do) but the Dragon is better.

One of the great tragedies of 1/32 aircraft modeling is that Dragon has decided to not bother with it.

If they attacked all the Luftwaffe stuff in 1/32 the way they have attacked the Wehrmacht in 1/35, I would be a very happy modeler for a long time.

I am going to try the new Z-M BF-109 G14, which I would *think* and *hope* is the best kit on the market, but I won't know until I play with it.

I think I'd put the Dragon kit at NO. 1 pending an examination of the ZM kit.  Assuming the modeler doesn't care if it's an E, F, G, K, or whatever.

1 hour ago, ringleheim said:

Wow, this is a blast from the past.  I did make the Dragon Bf-109 and it is way better than the Eduard kit IMO...I had previously mentioned that I liked the Eduard (which I do) but the Dragon is better.

One of the great tragedies of 1/32 aircraft modeling is that Dragon has decided to not bother with it.

If they attacked all the Luftwaffe stuff in 1/32 the way they have attacked the Wehrmacht in 1/35, I would be a very happy modeler for a long time.

I am going to try the new Z-M BF-109 G14, which I would *think* and *hope* is the best kit on the market, but I won't know until I play with it.

I think I'd put the Dragon kit at NO. 1 pending an examination of the ZM kit.  Assuming the modeler doesn't care if it's an E, F, G, K, or whatever.

I've built the Dragon/Cybermodel 109E and it's a very good kit with good fits. Accuracy is pretty darn good. I'm currently building the Z-M G-14 and to me it's top of the heap! The fit on it has been very good so far along with the detail[ man! what detail!] I'm getting ready to install the wings so it's getting there. If ya like 109s you'll dig this one!

On 12/30/2022 at 5:14 AM, ringleheim said:

Comparing the Dragon kit to the ZM kit is comparing apples to oranges.  The Dragon kit is an E.  The ZM kit is a G-6 trop with that has the parts to make a g-6 late, or g-14.  The ZM kit is nice, but not flawless.  I can attest that it has better shape than the Revell kit.  I have a Hasegawa G6, but haven't built it yet.

Once you start buying aftermarket for the Hasegawa kit, you quickly push it into the cost of the ZM kit.  However...  You will need to pay twice (or more) the price of the ZM kit to fix the Revell G6 with AM.  And there will still be a basic flaw in the Revell kit that no GM will fix.