B-25J Betty's Dream(ing) of a French Kiss

BloorwestSiR

Thanks guys! I'm not giving up on the builds. I'm still having too much fun with them.

I was more shocked that it happened rather than anything else. That and the fact I have tools on the bench and that included various xacto knives, bits and other sharp pointy things I was more concerned about him getting hurt.

After some cleaning up of all the paint bottles, I've been better able to assess the damage. Thankfully none of the bottles opened or cracked. I've located most of the parts. I'm missing the copilot seat for French Kiss and the pilot seat has seen better days. I'm thinking I'll just use the kit seats at this point and carry on.

Carl

Carl,

I'm just getting caught up here, and have been marveling at the level of detail and finish of your build. I know that momentum is key, so I'm glad that you are proceeding. I'm also glad your progeny emerged unscathed!

Cheers, Tom

Carl,

I'm just getting caught up here, and have been marveling at the level of detail and finish of your build. I know that momentum is key, so I'm glad that you are proceeding. I'm also glad your progeny emerged unscathed!

Cheers, Tom

Thanks Tom! You're making great headway on your B-17 as well. I keep looking at finding a G kit but I've got the F and that'll have to do.

I'm glad my son wasn't hurt and after explaining why to him again, he has a better understanding.

Carl, you're great modeler, but even greater human being and Dad (my dad would've beat the crap out of me and has for far lesser infractions)!

Thanks Shaka! It's not always easy I'll tell you that. I think parenting has changed from when we were kids as I know I would have definitely been punished physically if it had been me. Not to say that we coddle our kids but it is damn challenging to not use corporal punishment. Plus I know it didn't work with me.

Hopefully I'll have an update soon showing the repair work and what I've been able to do in the meantime.

Carl

Carl, I am glad no one was hurt and that you are persevering with the kit, you will be rewarded at the end, I can tell you: when I glued the wings and they clicked in place with not even the shadow of a seam, I felt duly rewarded. I have three kids age 6, 8 and 9, and it is indeed a challenge to stay calm and composed when they do something that could lend them in a hospital without any afterthought.

Keep at it.

Cheers,

David

Carl, I am glad no one was hurt and that you are persevering with the kit, you will be rewarded at the end, I can tell you: when I glued the wings and they clicked in place with not even the shadow of a seam, I felt duly rewarded. I have three kids age 6, 8 and 9, and it is indeed a challenge to stay calm and composed when they do something that could lend them in a hospital without any afterthought.

Keep at it.

Cheers,

David

Thanks David! This isn't the first model mishap with my boys sadly. The first one was a few years ago when my youngest test flew my just completed HK Mosquito. That was a non survivor.

Glad to hear that the wings won't be an issue. I did a test fit and they looked to have a good fit so it's nice to have the confirmation.

A small update today. I've been trying to figure out how best to do the wiring and cables that seem to run all over. I know some folks on here have used white EZ line for this but haven't had muck luck creating the bundles. So after trying for a couple nights I think I'm going to just use some wire for it.

With that decision made, I started working on the jump seats for the waist sect N if the plane. There's three per plane so I have six to make.

DSC_0061-L.jpg

I simplified them slightly by not putting the curve into the seats. I just found it too difficult to repeat consistently across so many seats.

Here's the frames together and the seat "cushions" shaped and ready for paint.

DSC_0062-L.jpg

So more to come.

Carl

Edited by BloorwestSiR

Guest Peterpools

Carl

Being greatful the boys weren't hurt with the tools on the bench, puts everything into the correct perspective: you have a heart of gold and are a wonderful Father!

Plastic can always be replaced and glad to see you are now pushing on with your incredible work

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

Carl

Being greatful the boys weren't hurt with the tools on the bench, puts everything into the correct perspective: you have a heart of gold and are a wonderful Father!

Plastic can always be replaced and glad to see you are now pushing on with your incredible work

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

Thanks Peter!

Like you said, plastic is replaceable.

Got a little distracted today starting on something I've wanted to build for the last eight years.

Shortly after my wife and I got married, we bought a Big Green Egg charcoal BBQ/smoker as a wedding gift to ourselves. Since then, I've always wanted to build a wood table for it. Today I finally started on it and got as far as the tabletop.

DSC_0064-L.jpg

Hopefully I'll have it done in a week or so.

But fear not, the B-25s are still getting their share of attention.

I painted both jump seat frames and cushions tonight.

DSC_0065-L.jpg

DSC_0067-L.jpg

I need to now add the HGW seat belts before installing them in the fuselage.

Carl