Tamiya Spitfire Mk IX Kicked Up A Notch: Last Post

chuck540z3

The ignition leads should be grouped in pairs like you have with the rear two leads oriented back towards the rear of the engine. I thought I had done that with mine. Maybe I didn't have them grouped together enough. I'd have to go back and look but I ain't changin' it now LOL!

Cheers,

Wolf

Whew!  I was worried I copied a modernized Spit and your spacing was the way to go.

On the same topic, I will definitely be following most of your plumbing detail on the firewall, except for maybe one hydraulic line.  All the reference pics I have don't show the kit intercooler oil tank, which was no doubt deleted and/or modified into something else later on.  Your routing is the only thing I have for this tank, so thanks for showing us the way.

Cheers,

Chuck

The inter-cooler housing was similar on the early and late Mks but the later marks eliminated the round coolant tank on the firewall and added it to the side of the inter-cooler housing so it didn't need the upper pipe. I also went back and looked at my build and the ignition leads are paired as they exit the conduit on the side. Not tightly grouped, mind you, but I think I got it right.

With regards to the tiny details like the linkages..........having a good 5 diopter magnifying lamp was a must!

Cheers,

Wolf

Wow.  Over 800 views since yesterday and only 6 * "likes" from individual members with only Wolf responding .  Not exactly satisfying, so I may be done here.  I'm not looking for 500 attboys guys, but C'mon, why should I bother any more? These updates are a lot of work and take me away from real modeling.   Is my latest work really that uninspiring?

On Hiatus,

Chuck

Edited by chuck540z3

I haven't posted because what can I say ? I love your work, can't get enough. I look forward to all your updates, and gems they are.......Harv :popcorn:

Chuck, I think it's more that your work is on another level compared to many of us. Well, me anyways. I do enjoy following your builds and you pick subjects that I'm interested in.

I think it's hard to say much when you're jaw is always bruised from having to pick it up off the floor all the time. At least for me anyways.

So hopefully you'll stay the course.

Carl

I haven't posted because what can I say ? I love your work, can't get enough. I look forward to all your updates, and gems they are.......Harv :popcorn:

Hey Harv, I'm not picking on you or a number of others who are constantly supporting the WIP work in this forum and the many threads here.  You are one of the very best and I thank you very much.  What I'm disappointed by is the sheer number of members here who view these threads all the time and say nothing- ever.  According to the above count, I have 44 followers in this thread and over 800 views since my last post, which in itself should be satisfying, but without any feedback at all, it really isn't.  I don't think I'm a Prima Donna, just a realist.  If the extra work isn't worth the muted reward of feedback, why bother?  I try to add way more to my WIP threads than what might be considered "usual", but that doesn't seem to matter.  Seriously, how hard is it to hit the "Like Button"?  It's not all that hard and it avoids real feedback from a real person for those who choose to avoid that stuff.  If I got more than a couple of of "Likes", I get it.  No need for a real response.  Instead, I get almost nothing.  Sad, and also telling I think..

Chuck

Edited by chuck540z3

Hey Harv, I'm not picking on you or a number of others who are constantly supporting the WIP work in this forum and the many threads here. You are one of the very best and I thank you very much. What I'm disappointed by is the sheer number of members here who view these threads all the time and say nothing- ever. According to the above count, I have 44 followers in this thread and over 800 views since my last post, which in itself should be satisfying, but without any feedback at all, it really isn't. I don't think I'm a Prima Donna, just a realist. If the extra work isn't worth the muted reward of feedback, why bother? I try to add way more to my WIP threads than what might be considered "usual", but that doesn't seem to matter. Seriously, how hard is it to hit the "Like Button"? It's not all that hard and it avoids real feedback from a real person for those who choose to avoid that stuff. If I got more than a couple of of "Likes", I get it. No need for a real response. Instead, I get almost nothing. Sad, and telling I think..

Chuck

Hey Chuck, I feel your frustration. It can be hard to put work into posting and taking pics only to get little feedback. I came over to this forum from FSM because I was frequently frustrated at the lack of momentum my WIP thread got over there. I'm glad to see you back at it, as I have really enjoyed watching this build. Your engine looks great. Please keep it up - your contributions are appreciated

Don't sweat it, Chuck - I can guarantee that while your audience may appear to be mostly silent, it is also wholly appreciative. I've experienced the kind of radio silence you speak of myself, and it certainly can be disheartening, but I think it's a reflection of how busy folks are these days - and also of how many fantastic builds we have going on here at any one time! Yours of course are always right up there. I wish I personally had more time to respond to them all - yours included - but I've got my head buried in a certain book project at the minute, with certain others to follow!

Great work here as always, mate.

Kev

Hey chuck,

Even though I have not responded for a while on your threads and any other ones for that matter, I do look at them all the time every time you put a new post on I quite enjoy the work that you do and how far you go with detail and explanations.

Personally, I've been too busy on my own stuff (not modelling) and for relaxation sometimes I just catching up on what you and some of the other guys here are doing. So please don't feel that we don't admire the work you put into this threads and appreciate them we do. Please keep it up thanks 

P.S. This Spitfire is turning out amazing, but that's not a surprise and that engine looks great!

Also looking forward to your next Modern Jet  :popcorn:

Maybe one thing you didn't take into consideration Chuck !!!

it is spring break and Easter weekend.

Folks just have a just a little bit of time just to check out your wonderful Spitfire!!! Also the mosquito that going on and a few other great build. Like John B's fifth Corsair.

Cheers

Danny

Edited by Vandy 1 VX 4

Hi Chuck,

For what is worth my opinion, I have a couple of possible answer for you. Nothing scientific, however.

1) Maybe there is a technical reason. Most of us follow your posts on a smart phone or a tablet. In case, to like a post switching to "full view" mode is required. By default, on Android and OS devices the "like" button is not visible at all. That is, maybe, why you get hundreds of views but you don't get hundreds of likes.

2) Your lately posts are visually beautiful but they almost don't allow for interaction. For example: You went "from shiny museum looking engine.... to a dirty and weathered engine that is used constantly" withour any "in progress" picture.

That's a striking difference with your "in progress" posts of years ago. Now it seems that every post of yours is a self contained article ready to be published on a magazine.

Showing more of the building process would give to people like me the possibility to ask you more questions about materials, tools, and techniques and to express our amusement.

I guess that taking your high quality pictures is time consuming. But why don't you alternate your high quality pictures with pictures that can be shoot ith a phone while you are building your kit, day by day, without the need of setting up your photoboot ?

That's my two cents...

By default, on Android and OS devices the "like" button is not visible at all.

It's certainly visible on iOS, as a small, circular 'tick' icon at the top right of each post. You can see it in the screenshot below:

ZGH1QI.png

I'd say Android would have something similar, though I'm not familiar with it.

Kev