F7F-3 Tigercat - BuNo 80405 - VMF 312 MCAS - El Toro, CA 1946

Out2gtcha

Lots of great progress on the Tigercat, Brian!  And yes, it does look huge for a single seat aircraft!

BTW... I think JH makes at least three of these style jigs (not including the biplane jigs).  JH72001 (1/72 and 1/48), JH4801 (1/48 and 1/32) and JH3201 (1/32 and 1/24).  Based on the size of the triangular platform parts in relation to the base, I think you have JH4801 .

Well, that's interesting. I've had my JH stand for a few years now, and ordered the LSP unit. Just checking the number on it now, and it says 4801A! There were only 2 units available when I ordered mine, so I suspect it was intend for 1/48 and up at the time. It sounds like they've added a third size since then.

Kev

Great work on the big cat Brian, she really is shaping up really nicely. I really like the way HpH use that nice big metal rod on some recent kits and it makes such a nice strong assembly when the wings are on.

Regards. Andy

Wow, I learn something new from you guys every day!!!   Now I have to go down and check what size I actually have!! 

Looking at some of your pictures I can see very faintly '4801'... Don't be (m)sad, that only means you can build even bigger if you want to  :frantic:

Looking at some of your pictures I can see very faintly '4801'... Don't be (m)sad, that only means you can build even bigger if you want to  :frantic:

Ill have to check, but you are probably right.   Like K1 said, JH must have since added a larger model!    What Im really anxious to check is the NEW JH Models stand I purchased at the US NATs back in July (haven't even opened or assembled it yet!) ..................Im hoping its the larger model, but I dont think it is....

Wonderful stuff Brian, I got a bit behind with this build and have just spent the last half hour catching up. Eye candy of the highest order and some clever problem solving, 

You're right, that is one pretty plane... pretty awesome model coming along too!

Torben

Thanks Torben!

Well boo, it appears my new unopened JH Models stand is a 48th/32nd model too! I'll have to sell it and see if I can pickup the larger model.

Just for gits and shiggles, has anyone who has the larger model measured it at the base?

I'm curious to see the size difference

FWIW... I bought my JH model stand from UMM-USA and it looks they still have them at the discounted price that I paid in October...

JH 3201 $44.00

http://umm-usa.com/onlinestore/product_info.php?products_id=6593&osCsid=a24a12930769790fc9f0a9352db95fb2

JH 4801 $25.00

http://umm-usa.com/onlinestore/product_info.php?products_id=3101&osCsid=a24a12930769790fc9f0a9352db95fb2

JH 7201 $20.00

http://umm-usa.com/onlinestore/product_info.php?products_id=3099&osCsid=a24a12930769790fc9f0a9352db95fb2

Not affliated with UMM-USA... just passing along info that might be useful!  Sorry for the threadjack, Brian!