F7F-3 Tigercat - BuNo 80405 - VMF 312 MCAS - El Toro, CA 1946

Out2gtcha

5 hours ago, Archer Fine Transfers said:

If you're getting a brand new truck, I hope you're having it transported on a haul-away and not driven. 

I had a new car "delivered" from a dealer 350 miles away and the jerk drove it so hard the brake rotors were warped. 

Ouch!

Yes, it's with SGT shipping. They are fully insured, semi trailer transport from dealer to door. They seem to be one of the top 3 rated shippers in the US atm.

Talked to several companies than wanted over a grand, but SGT is making the 700-ish miles with the Tacoma for about $700 door to door.

The way I figure it, by the time I get  a 1 way plane ticket at $250 - $400 after taxes and fees, plus $250 or more in gas to get up here, plus the risk of me damaging it in some February weather I'll be near what shipping would have cost me anyway.

4 hours ago, Archer Fine Transfers said:

Not to mention the break-in period. I'm anal about following the manufacturer's recommended break-in guidelines. 

I bought a new performance car 5 years ago and the first 1,000 miles were agonizing. :(

It's "new to me" but it's a 2020. I consider it basically new since it only has 8k miles on it.

Precise and meticulous,  as always.

Exciting news about your new Tacoma Brian, hopefully everything will go without hiccups. I also ordered a truck, Gladiator Mohave.  3 weeks ago, still nothing and patience is not my middle name :)

Cheers

Martin

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Brian- nice work so far. I drive a 2018 Gen 3 with the G series Lexus engine. I have owned Chevy, Ford, Dodge and Nissan pickups before, but the Tacoma beats them all hands down. I will never own anything else……

Keep the updates coming in the Tigercat. You are so close! 

Thor    :ph34r:

• 11 months later...
44 minutes ago, iaf-man said:

Was this project ever finished?

It still lingers looking forlorning at me from my cases SOD. It W I L L be finished at some point, but my plastic modeling MoJo has taken a dive since my moms passing and I haven't yet quite gotten it back. 

Its a labor of love on my favorite airframe of all time, but the kit it honestly just draining......although I am through most of the difficult areas save a few.

• 7 months later...
On 4/20/2023 at 2:41 PM, Out2gtcha said:

It still lingers looking forlorning at me from my cases SOD. It W I L L be finished at some point, but my plastic modeling MoJo has taken a dive since my moms passing and I haven't yet quite gotten it back. 

Its a labor of love on my favorite airframe of all time, but the kit it honestly just draining......although I am through most of the difficult areas save a few.

Brian- so sorry about your Mom, it’s a club that we all seemingly gain membership to, but never ask to join. I lost mine just over a year ago, so I understand about losing one’s mojo. I lost all motivation for most things, and am slowly “emerging from the fog.” But things still aren’t right, and my modeling has suffered hugely. Just can’t seem to get into gear. 

All the best, broski. In due time……

Thor