F-4E Phantom II in Hill Grey

BloorwestSiR

I got a bit of bench time today so I installed the gear starting with the nose. I also put in the M61 Vulcan at the same time.

20171227_171029-L.jpg

With the lower covers in place.

20171227_171115-L.jpg

The MLG and doors in place.

20171227_171024-L.jpg

I'll see how much more I can get down today. There won't be much bench time tomorrow as it's my wife's birthday.

Carl

Edited by BloorwestSiR

Happy new year everyone!

Our basement has been quite cold the past while and combined with family events over the holidays, I haven't had much bench time.

I am making slow progress though.

I started working on the underwing bits, starting with the pylons and missle rails.

DSC_0002-L.jpg

It's all a jumble in the pic but I've the inner pylons assembled,the Sidewinder rails cleaned up, the SUU-23 gun pods together and I've started the Sidewinders themselves.

Carl

Guest Peterpools

Carl

Happy New Year my friend and your progress on the Big Phantom is amazing.

Awesome work on the exhaust area and burner cans -the NMF looks tremendous.

Glad to see the Nikes are on and she is able to stand on her own.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Carl

Happy New Year my friend and your progress on the Big Phantom is amazing.

Awesome work on the exhaust area and burner cans -the NMF looks tremendous.

Glad to see the Nikes are on and she is able to stand on her own.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Thanks Peter! She is indeed on her own legs now. Which makes me feel like I'm actually getting closer to the finish line.

I've done some more work on the gun pods. I've painted them NATO green with the forward section in dark iron. They've also been given a panel wash.

DSC_0005-L.jpg

DSC_0008-L.jpg

Digging through my spares box, I found a complete set of canopies already masked and painted. :thumbsup:

DSC_0009-L.jpg

They're the wrong grey but that should be a quick fix.

Carl

Guest Peterpools

Carl

Nice work on the gun pods - they look mighty good. And what a find - masked and painted canopies - geez ... just a quick overcoat and you're home free. Now wouldn't it be grand if instead of the canopies digging through your spare parts box, you found a winning Lotto ticket! :whistle:

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Carl

Nice work on the gun pods - they look mighty good. And what a find - masked and painted canopies - geez ... just a quick overcoat and you're home free. Now wouldn't it be grand if instead of the canopies digging through your spare parts box, you found a winning Lotto ticket! :whistle:

Keep 'em comin

Peter

I wish there was a winning lotto ticket in my stash. But I'll happily settle for the canopies.

Nice work. The more of these F-4s I see the more I want to try one. Although jets in 1/32 are awfully big

Thanks! They are certainly big but it doesn't take up any more space than my Mossie does. The Mossie is shorter but has a much wider wingspan. It's when you have a bunch of them that it becomes a problem :P