Prayers for those in West London Tower Fire

Jeff

Holy, the whole building is on fire, 27 story's, and every window an inferno !!!  Hope all can be saved , check BBC News ! Or Fox news... unreal...... prayers to all of you affected !  Huge Appartment tower.......

Jeff

Guest Clunkmeister

Watching it on Fox now. How on Earth does an entire 27 story residential tower get completely engulfed from top to bottom?

I pray people all made it out safely

Years long blog about this specific building being a fire hazard:

https://grenfellactiongroup.wordpress.com/2016/11/20/kctmo-playing-with-fire/

A short passage from the blog:

We have blogged many times on the subject of fire safety at Grenfell Tower and we believe that these investigations will become part of damning evidence of the poor safety record of the KCTMO should a fire affect any other of their properties and cause the loss of life that we are predicting:

That being said, I pray that all souls be saved. 

Edited by Gerhard

Bloody hell.

Whole building recently re-clad in plastic & wood - I suspect that's no coincidence.

Can't think of anything more horrific. This will lead to huge changes in tower block fire safety.

Apparently, people were told in the event of a fire to to close the door and wait to be rescued by the Fire Service. Just awful.

TV report has someone saying his neighbour on the 4th floors fridge exploded.  Also the emergency services couldn't get up to the building as there are bollards around it.

So so tragic, and to hit London as well after it is still recovering from the last incident. :(

Edited by TonyT

This makes me angry, years ago, I had murders with a private management company in the next borough to RBKC,they had a similar attitude to this lot.

Profit over lives, etc, a statement will be issued to cover their arses, long the lines of.. " lessons to be learned etc..."

Typically, RBKC don't give a fart, as it's in the less affluent part of the Borough

TV report has someone saying his neighbour on the 4th floors fridge exploded...:(

The investigation is yet to happen. Gawd forbid if we speculate about an aircraft accident. We'd have the AAIB folks deleting our comments quicker than you can say "suspected exploding fridge".

Prayers for those who were burned or suffered smoke inhalation and the bereaved families, and also to those who very likely have lost everything they own and who are now homeless.

There's going to be a lot of new regulations and a lot of trendy combustible cladding removed. People are not renewable.

Tony

This don't pass the smell test. It's like the building was built of cardboard and kindling.

If you look at early video, there is a definite steady very visible very hot blow torch type of flame on the OUTSIDE of the building going bottom to top...... that is a little strange isn't it?? In my eyes it seems so....... check the early photos and video....  very sad and painful.... also I'm not sure about the 'experts' telling every one to go back and wait for the Fire Brigade......was that not the same advice given to the folks in the twin towers in 2001?? Not so sure I'd be following the 'experts' anywhere... just sayin...