Yak-3 Special Hobby 1/32

DirkE

Great work, Dirk!

They're a little on the large size, but workable.

Kev

ok. Next photos I post a bit smaller. I will check how they look on my smartphone.

Thx for the kind words...

fuselage is glued together, parts of the cowling is already missing for the later engine. Getting the wings together was only possible with sanding at the whell well walls. I guess getting the fuselage and the wings tight together could be not that easy. Dry fit is not that good.

IMG_9364-vi.jpg

IMG_9366-vi.jpg

IMG_9367-vi.jpg

IMG_9365-vi.jpg

IMG_9361-vi.jpg

Dirk

Great to see another Special Hobby Yak-3 in the making :). Your cockpit is coming along nicely and will look smashing when complete. Interesting to see that you went with the Eduard photoetch to detail your model.

I always find it worthwhile reading some build reports from others who already built this kit. One thing which was mentioned is that the red cross first aid kit will interfere in placing the cockpit framework into the fuselage and it is better to attach the kit after the cockpit frame work is in place.

Also the wheel well side panels had been of a poor fit in my kit, so I hope you manage to fit them into the pre-painted wing without too much trouble.

The wing to fuselage joint needs a bit of rework in the front third, but can be made to fit nicely.

I will follow your build with interest.

Cheers, Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Progress. Cockpit finished and fixed to the wing. IP from Yahu makes a huge impact on the overall look. Eduard PE seatbelts look ok. Just got some bags nuts, bolts etc. from MasterClub (cost a small fortune). Anyway, they come in handy for the Klimov engine.

Peter: Yep, that red cross first aid kit needs to be added after the fuselage goes over the cockpit. Found that out while dryfitting....regarding the walls of the wheel wells. I needed to sand them down as well, otherwise the wing halves wouldn´t come together.  :-(

IMG_9426-vi.jpg

IMG_9428-vi.jpg

IMG_9429-vi.jpg

IMG_9433-vi.jpg

IMG_9415-vi.jpg

Dirk