1/8 scale Fokker Dr1

LSP_Ron

Guest Clunkmeister

Hey Ron, a second post within 5 minutes as I read through this...

Just a thought, but would you not think that Gunze RLM02 might be a just about perfect match for WW1 German grey-green?

Not a nit to pick, but I though I'd mention it before you get to adding too much stuff to the fuselate frame.

I'm absolutely loving his tutorial because I'm so very close to cracking open my Camel kit, but the Dr.1 might be more manageable...

Edited by Clunkmeister

Thanks guys.  I haven't chosen a color to paint the copper yet but do plan and painting brass eyelets in every hole. Should be pretty convincing when done and I have about 100' of this copper sheet that I bought years ago to copper plate wood ship hulls.

Cheers

Ron

Do the Camel Ernst. Then we will have two 1/8 kit builds that are different going on here.

We've had such a great summer I haven't had a desire to work in the hobby room but this winter my goal is to have this completed.

Greatly enjoying this! 

I loved the photos up-thread of the engine...it inspired me to search out the old Hasegawa kit of just the 1/8 scale Le Rhone...found several auctions on Ebay...and just won one about 2 minutes ago.

Will look forward to building it when it arrives, and will use your photos as reference.  Thanks!  

:piliot: