1/32 F/A-18C fully armed

Mark Jackson

The front and back sets of holes, on both sides of the pylons, are the 4 bolts that attach the bomb racks to the pylon. The side with 3 sets of holes, the center set, is for where the impulse cartridges ( carts ) would be installed into the bomb rack. The carts are used to create pressure in the bomb rack which in turn opens the bomb rack hooks so the munition can separate from the aircraft.

Steve

Finn know's that, he loaded Hornets, Starfighters, and Voodoos.

Excellent job, your paintjob is just stunning and I love the seat!

The loadout sounds quite strange to me, though. Mavericks are usually fitted to the outer pylons and it is extremely rare not to have at least one fuel tank under the wings due to the pretty resticted range of the Legacy Hornet. Of course you can do whatever you want and Mavericks can indeed be fitted to the inner pylons, it's just anything but a typical loadout.

• 3 weeks later...

With the spit of the crested newt  :mental:  (Sorry, being silly)

After the last Hornet I might try drilling holes for wires instead of glue, I seem to remember that trying to glue them in place is tricky due to the minimal contact made by the surfaces.  A greater challenge will be trying to get a smooth, seam free side on the drop tank.

The canopy and wind shield have been sanded with various grades and then two lots of Tamiya polishing compound and the mould seams have disappeared. 

• 2 years later...

Back modelling after a few years off and one house move later - I am still in shock  over the whole conveyancing process.  It should be a straightforward and simple process and then solicitors get involved and cause you to hit the Valium pills  :frantic: and he was our solicitor!  Mrs Jackson (Management) said, "Don't worry, where here now and this is the bungalow that you will probably die in."  I'm still trying to figure out what she meant by this.  :hmmm:

The models, tools, paints and everything else survived the relocation and first to be back on the workbench is the Academy F/A-18c Hornet.  The first bit of work was to start afresh on the engine nozzles as they looked poor.

49411108156_cf6f7f4c70_b.jpgDSCF0002-LSP by Marc Jackson, on Flickr