Kitty Hawk 1/32 F-5E/F Tiger II / Special Interest Group (SIG) !

SharkOwl

If so, they are no longer available. But I do not remember Two Bobs having produce 1/32 Scale Decals for the F-5E Tiger II, but they have done a superb job for this subject on 1/48 Scale.

Here is the Two Bobs current very high quality 1/32 offer : http://www.twobobs.net/contents/en-us/d7.html

B)

SharkOwl

HfJnCbq.png

FAK42Cj.png

Long sold out but they did do these two sheets of NAVY F-5E's.  NOTE:  The bottom sheet is labeled as 1/48 scale but is listed as 32-006 on the TwoBobs website.

Edited by Juggernut

HfJnCbq.png

FAK42Cj.png

Long sold out but they did do these two sheets of NAVY F-5E's.  NOTE:  The bottom sheet is labeled as 1/48 scale but is listed as 32-006 on the TwoBobs website.

There is also three other blue and grey VFC-13 F-5E options on the "Desert Cats" sheet: 1) 741536 #04 in a 2 gray tiger scheme, 2) 741539 #05 in a gray/blue/blue scheme similar to the USAF's blue, and 3) 730865 #01 in a killer 2 blue tiger scheme. Also note that the bottom aircraft in the pic that Juggernut supplied,  #23, is not really on the sheet. Some of the markings are there (pilot name, stencils), but the Navy, VFC-13 titles, and national insignia (which are all the dark brown camo color), are not. You'll have to use masks for them. HTH, Fred K.

They're all Navy.

I'd like USAF DACT schemes from the 1970s-1980s, and maybe TAC more than PACAF or USAFE 'cos of the extra insignia and yellow/black Nellis chequers on the tailfin. I remember Microscale did these way back when the Hasegawa F-5E was a hot new item, but the artwork was exemplary and I'd very happily buy a Superscale reprint.

Tony

FYI, the Superscale sheet is regularly available on the second hand market. I got my sheet quite easily.

• 2 weeks later...

In anticipation of the arrival of the Kitty Hawk 1:32 "F-5E Tiger II" model announced for March 2018, here is an interesting

1:32 decal sheet available at Matterhorn Circle covering European Tiger II's from Switzerland and Austrian Air Arms !

Austria loaned 12 x F-5E Tiger II for 4 years from Switzerland before the arrival of the 15 x Eurofighter Typhoons.

There is options on this decal sheet for ‘'Pointed Nose / No LERX'' aircraft as initially received by Switzerland before the introduction later of

the ‘'SharkNose / LERX'' configuration.

Matterhorn Circle Instructions : http://www.mc-one.ch/Documents/right%20stuff/dokuments/Tigone/Tiger%20Instructions%2048.pdf

:frantic:

SharkOwl

79bbb09295e1bba9d92ddc070ca1df78.jpg

1d7a3595238946f8fbc88438e55abc9a.png

Edited by SharkOwl

Iranian F-5E Tiger II !

In anticipation of the planned arrival of the Kitty Hawk F-5E Tiger II at 1/32 scale for March 2018, here is another

interesting potential project : The Iranian F-5E Tiger II.

I have always found very attractive the ‘'Desert / Middle East'' camouflage scheme worn by the F-5E Tiger IIs of Iran,

Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Morocco.

As is often the case for 1/32 scale, the best references could come from 1/48 scale decals, here the

'' Print Scale No.48-113'' sheet.

21e1afbc577e11e9bc24bb0ee59fca97.png

By the way I asked Print Scale directly if they planned by March 2018, to produce a version of this decal sheet at

the scale 1/32. Lets wait and see !

By cross-checking various 1/48 scale decal sheets and reference books, it is confirmed that the flags, roundels,

codes and ''IIAF'' (Imperial) and ''IRIAF'' ( Islamic) inscriptions are generally of identical size on all Iranian fighters

(F-4, F-5, F-14, Mig-29, Mirage F-1).

For an Iranian F-5E Tiger II project, it is therefore possible to recover the flags, roundels, codes and inscriptions

of the following Techmod sheets available at 1/32 scale :

Techmod No.32033 F-4D Phantom II ;

and

Techmod No.32034 Grumman F-14A Tomcat ;

5224a574bc1f317b648b319562ede8c1.png

To learn more about the history of the F-5 E Tiger II in service in Iran, check out this article:

http://www.joebaugher.com/usaf_fighters/f5_49.html

:coolio:

SharkOwl

Edited by SharkOwl

According to a post on BM Kitty Hawk will be following up the Tiger IIs with Freedom Fighters...

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235031721-132-northrop-f-5ab-freedom-fighter-by-kitty-hawk/

...although I'm more than happy to get an F-5E later this Winter or early Spring, March falling on the cusp (comes in a lion and goes out a lamb, as the saying goes).

Tony

Iranian F-5E Tiger II !

In anticipation of the planned arrival of the Kitty Hawk F-5E Tiger II at 1/32 scale for March 2018, here is another

interesting potential project : The Iranian F-5E Tiger II.

I have always found very attractive the ‘'Desert / Middle East'' camouflage scheme worn by the F-5E Tiger IIs of Iran,

Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Morocco.

As is often the case for 1/32 scale, the best references could come from 1/48 scale decals, here the

'' Print Scale No.48-113'' sheet.

21e1afbc577e11e9bc24bb0ee59fca97.png

By the way I asked Print Scale directly if they planned by March 2018, to produce a version of this decal sheet at

the scale 1/32. Lets wait and see !

By cross-checking various 1/48 scale decal sheets and reference books, it is confirmed that the flags, roundels,

codes and ''IIAF'' (Imperial) and ''IRIAF'' ( Islamic) inscriptions are generally of identical size on all Iranian fighters

(F-4, F-5, F-14, Mig-29, Mirage F-1).

For an Iranian F-5E Tiger II project, it is therefore possible to recover the flags, roundels, codes and inscriptions

of the following Techmod sheets available at 1/32 scale :

Techmod No.32033 F-4D Phantom II ;

and

Techmod No.32034 Grumman F-14A Tomcat ;

5224a574bc1f317b648b319562ede8c1.png

To learn more about the history of the F-5 E Tiger II in service in Iran, check out this article:

http://www.joebaugher.com/usaf_fighters/f5_49.html

:coolio:

SharkOwl

If I recall correctly, the Techmod sheets are scaled up versions of Hi Decals 1/72 and 1/48th scale sheets. Hi Decal put out a very nice Iranian F-5E/F a few years back. We can only hope that Techmod would choose to scale it up, as there is some really great subjects on the sheet, including several "MiG" killers from the Iran/Iraq War.

I'm totally with you on this Shark Owl..... a 32nd scale Iranian F-5E in the Asia Minor camo, and loaded up with four Mk. 82 Snakeyes has been on my to do list for a number of years ;0) Fred.

I fully agree with you f5Guy / Fred.

There is also some Asia Minor Camo F-5E rarities from Ethiopia and Yemen but I doubt these airframes are still operational

in these countries.

B)

SharkOwl

c96a36b37935aa0d085720613d3eda51.jpg

75e53f8433dc319d863a5533a595b003.jpg

Edited by SharkOwl

At least not in Ethiopia. The four surviving Ethiopian F-5Es were sold back to Iran in 1984. Maybe that one or another is there still in flying condition. The Iranians are well abled in aircraft maintenance.

Regards

- dutik

If I recall correctly, the Techmod sheets are scaled up versions of Hi Decals 1/72 and 1/48th scale sheets. Hi Decal put out a very nice Iranian F-5E/F a few years back. We can only hope that Techmod would choose to scale it up, as there is some really great subjects on the sheet, including several "MiG" killers from the Iran/Iraq War.

I'm totally with you on this Shark Owl..... a 32nd scale Iranian F-5E in the Asia Minor camo, and loaded up with four Mk. 82 Snakeyes has been on my to do list for a number of years ;0) Fred.

The Ethiopian AF strapped a MER with 6 (six!) Mk.82s under the belly of its F-5As during Ogaden war.

Regards

- dutik

Here is the Air Forces that will be included on the decal sheet of the KittyHawk 1/32 Scale F-5E Tiger II Kit :

Usaf, Us Navy, Mexico, South Korea, Iran, Singapore and Brazil.

Strangely it seems there is no Fin Fillet option for the Mexican and Brazilian F-5E and no InFlight Refueling

Probe for the Singaporean and Brazilian F-5E.

I sincerely hope I am wrong because these are major oversights !

:hmmm:

SharkOwl

5eae5016b941a10d14f63cec812637be.jpg

Edited by SharkOwl

Nice design but I'm strictly a USAF F-5E Aggressor guy and wouldn't be interested in that scheme.  Now if you were to do some Aggressor grape, ghost or other blue on blue on grey wraparound schemes, I'd be all over those. 

15840982438_51b274cf19_o.jpg

This guy is from RAF Alconbury or so the caption reads.

Edited by Juggernut

Agree a new USAF Aggressor schemes sheet, with the blue schemes included.

Not Navy.

Unaware of any sheets bar a very ancient Microscale which Thierry says is still available on t'interweb (but when was said article printed, assuming we can find it? I remember using the 57th FWW and TAC insignia from it on a souped-up quarter scale Monogram Aardvark back in 1982. Yes, thirty-six years ago).

Tony

Hi Tony. I just had a quick look and it looks like the USAF sheet disappeared from the surface of earth! By the way Microscale also released two sets of early Navy schemes (combined with A-4 ones). They are visible on Modelling Madness. However I never saw a review of the Air Force sheet. It had multiple Bort numbers and squadron crests. If my memory is right the sheet had Nellis and Alconbury planes.