Kitty Hawk 1/32 F-5E/F Tiger II / Special Interest Group (SIG) !

SharkOwl

Nothing really, Luca. The new kit has more interior detail and features the original pointy radome and inner wing leading edge, which was adapted on the Hasegawa moulds to the later LERX and shark's nose format so is now scarce.

Subject to seeing the sprues - but judging by the markings options - I believe the Kitty Hawk has parts for the different versions.

And it's new - not a been there, done that kind of project.

Tony

USAF F-5Es? Want the blue scheme from Nellis, Alconbury or Clark Field with commensurate insignia.

I'm sure someone will come to the rescue, but reprints of NAVY schemes are not what I am seeking. Sorry Navy.

Tony

I've got TwoBobs USAF aggressor decals in 1/48 sitting on my desk...

Yes but I don't believe they released them in 1/32.  At least their website does not show any 1/32 USAF Aggressor F-5E's.  IF they (and unless you have a direct line of communication with Bob, you can't say for sure) have their Alconbury and Nellis Gomers sheets upscaled, they'll get my money toot-sweet.  My preference would be Nellis aggressors but if Alconbury is all that's available, I'll take those.

f66SNrh.png

Grape

AHd2IAl.png

Ghost

In the interest of getting as much accurate information as possible, I sent Bob Sanchez an email asking if he has or plans to upscale either of these (as well as the others) and print or not.  If and when he responds, I'll post his reply as an edit to this post.

EDIT:  Heard from Bob Sanchez today.  He plans on upscaling the 1/48 sheets to 1/32 but he said:  "I'm waiting to get my hands on one of those kits to see how it looks."

Edited by Juggernut

My point is that vector art is just vapourware and the 1/32 market limited, but a new kit may well provide sufficient impetus for a USAF RAF Alconbury Grape scheme sheet.

Juggernut has dropped Two Bobs a line so we should know soon enough - with release being imminent the confirmation of such a set would serve both publicity and as a market place holder.

The worst response is "considering it" as that may produce nothing whilst deterring competitors - a definite "no" at least opens up the market.

Tony

My entire point is they have the art for them.  All they need to do is bump it up 150% and send it to the printer.  The instructions are done except for changing the scale.  I'm sure they're at the printer.

I have no doubts that Twobobs has got something up their sleeve as it were. They are the only decal makers out there that are in such a prime spot to put out a bunch of USAF aggressors in such short notice. Seriously though, if you really want to see decals, do as Juggarnut and I did, and send them an email expressing interest in the subject. Bob has done 32nd scale F-5E/Ns (USN) in the past, and I don't see him missing an opportunity like this. Time will tell though... Fred K.

yep. also the VFC-111 is very nice.

That's what worries me - Furball and the popularity of the Two Bobs Naval subjects, between them, might easily kill the chances of a blue 1/32 USAF F-5E. In this scale, subtle things like crew names are essential, so it's not easily done using generic bort numbers etc.

Time will tell, hopefully positively! Looking forwards to the kit in any case.

Tony

Edited by Tony T