Tamiya Spitfires- HF VII and VIII

BloorwestSiR

What a great production line and no sacrificing quality for quantity either, I got confused building 3 Spitfires and they were staggered so they were always at different stages so I'm even more impressed.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Dennis! I'm glad to see I'm not they only one taking on multiple build at the same time. Yours came out quite nicely too

Carl,

You nailed the fit perfectly as those engine panels look like they fit like a glove.

Joel

Joel, the covers indeed fit like a glove but that's mostly due to the engineering behind them.

The ones that I've built that are removable fit just as neatly.

Carl

Great progress, Carl. I understand that it's in flight, but man, seems like a huge waste not to paint/detail the Spit's engine....

Thanks Shaka! I hear you about the seeming "waste" of the full engine but I figure if I'm not going to see it at all, I'm better off just leaving it out and simplifying it where I can. The same goes for the PE hinges on all the control surfaces.

A seemingly small thing, but I didn't like how the display stand kept the Spitfire perfectly level. To me, l felt that having the Spifire that way would take away some of the dynamism of an in flight display.

To remedy this, I tried bending the post. My first attempt ended up with a somewhat sharp looking bend in it and melted plastic. I tried again but heated a larger portion of the post more slowly and gave it more of a curve. Here's the stock post on the left, my first attempt on the middle and the final one on the right.

IMG_20170304_185635.jpg

Attached to the Spitfire:

IMG_20170304_190051.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Carl

Nice working on doing just enough to the Merlin to hang the cowlings and prop on. I'm glad you included some close up of the Merlin as now that I have a few more Tamiya Spitfires in the stash, the next one down the road will be buttoned up for change. Nice work on the stand - looks so much better with the even bend

Keep 'em coming

Peter