Hasegawa N1K2 George

LSP_K2

Thanks, Andy, I really appreciate it. While I'm not at all thrilled with the screw-up that I made, I''ll be finishing it anyway, as it's bound to at least look OK on the shelf.

I'll also be snatching some more Montex sets, specifically for my upcoming G-14, absolutely.  I really like the way they're made, and if used properly, provide wonderful results. Since this my first time ever using them, there was a minor learning curve involved, but once you figure out what's what, they work just great. I'm sold.

1 minute ago, Out2gtcha said:

If I may Kev, what was the screw up?

Not really evident....

The yellow fuselage bands are not symmetrical. This is especially noticeable looking down on the fuselage. If I took the time to repair this now, it would seriously jeopardize the time needed to finish off my Romulan warbird, so I just have to suck it up and move on.

28 minutes ago, LSP_Ron said:

I don't think I'd worry about that much as it will be hard to notice on the shelf.

I agree. Plus, I can photo the daylights out of it, for submittal to FSM, which I intend to do.

14 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

For sure.....unless some judges eyes will be upon it, I wouldn't worry about it.

This will be entered in the show here in a few weeks, Brian, it just probably won't win anything is all, and I like to at least be competitive, but will not be. It'll probably get bounced in the first cull. I'll just to pay more attention in the future.

1 hour ago, MikeMaben said:

I doubt that the real ones were either. 

Probably not, but it's doubtful that the judges will see it that way. Anyway, I've begun some minor re-spraying, and it's at least starting to look like my vision for it.

Kev,  the fuselage bands look fantastic.  No one would even question this if you didn’t ever mention it.  The Shinden looks awesome.  Push forward with this epic build.  I’m loving it.  I really like that broad tailed N1K2 too. Looks the part.  

More importantly,  thanks for sharing your fantastic build with us.   

One last point.  I work in commercial aircraft leasing.  Can’t tell you how many deliveries I’ve done in the past 30 years.  No paint job is ever perfect.  More often than not they have flaws and sure enough.  Someone will find it. .

At 200k a livery.  You would be surprised.  Mind you, these paint jobs are performed in an environmentally controlled hangar.    

carry on and I’m loving this build. 

Troy