Let's get to know each other a little better. Show a photo of your

Jasta 14 addict

Would like to see pics of the PE.........Harv :popcorn:

No, you wouldn't. :)

I will close that particular canopy. ;)

George going strong. I needed to test my hands yesterday. My writing skills have suffered of late.

Dale, when the heck did you fall?  You didn't break all those bones at once did you?  Geez!

I originally broke my right arm aged 4. Fell down a storm water drain and was rescued by a high school kit. My parents did not bother to take me to hospital for 2 weeks.

My nose has been broken 9 times. Mostly due to work accidents suffered as a child doing manual labour in the bush. Also had a head on collision playing football.

Right arm broken 5 times. Once completely in half. So five breaks, 6 bones.

4 broken ribs sparring with one of my masters full contact using no gloves or protection. This was agreed to by both of us in order to make us better. (I went on to win 28 full contact bouts. No losses. Longest fight was 31 seconds)

Fractured spine at the coccyx. Longitudinal fracture carrying drum gear down stairs.

Broken heel. Martial arts training.

Broken collar bone. Work accident aged 14.

Broken right hand, 2 bones. Work accident when I was a blacksmith at 16.

4 broken toes. Work accidents, general clumsiness.

Broken foot. Work accident aged 13. 2 or 3 bones.

The rest were broken fingers.

Ruptured kidney by my master during full contact sparring. It was a good lesson. I never used that technique again!

I have also had teeth knocked out in work accidents as a child. For example a piece of pipe shot out of a machine and on the way down struck my face causing scarring above left eye, a broken nose and teeth.

I had a rough childhood mate. That is why I learned martial arts.

I won't tell you about the beatings and the rape attempt that saw me walk, as a 14 year old, 80 kilometers.

A lone child working amongst adult strangers is in danger. Only one man ever took me under his wing. The crop dusting pilot. I was 8.

At least that's my experience.

I am probably a bit late to join the party, but hey... better late than never! :)

So here's yours truly:

12540741_10156434181200319_7518618927415

... with my little family:

IMG_0452.jpg

... on the far right with my Saxophone sextet "SixPack":

11012540_659788084125164_210701153842677

... and hard at work in my beloved Lotus Elise on the Nürburgring Nordschleife a few years ago.

43933ff.jpg

And for those interested in how (car) models are made, you can see me "in action" during my first job a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu7xrsoKhio

Edited by Starfighter

i was wondering from what classic movie that scene came from and how "starfighter" playes the lead role....... :hmmm: :hmmm:  (first B/W i'm talking about...)

Caddyshack. :P

Nice to see the band. Just horns? Or is this a horn section of a larger orchestra?

You're too kind, gentlemen! :)

I have to admit the first pic must be the only one of myself I really like - probably because it wasn't staged! The band pic shows the Saxophone sextet 5 friends an I have founded in 2003. 6 Saxes, but we sometimes add a drummer for special gigs. I'm also a member of a local Big Band (for those interested: http://www.eupenbigband.be/Eupen_Big_Band/HOME.html ). Mentioning that I'm also a member of a small local theater company might explain why it takes me so long to finish a model... but still, I'm working hard to finish my Prowler for the BSMC show on December 11th! :)

You're too kind, gentlemen! :)

I have to admit the first pic must be the only one of myself I really like - probably because it wasn't staged! The band pic shows the Saxophone sextet 5 friends an I have founded in 2003. 6 Saxes, but we sometimes add a drummer for special gigs. I'm also a member of a local Big Band (for those interested: http://www.eupenbigband.be/Eupen_Big_Band/HOME.html ). Mentioning that I'm also a member of a small local theater company might explain why it takes me so long to finish a model... but still, I'm working hard to finish my Prowler for the BSMC show on December 11th! :)

Very cool. You guys are still together after all these years? Any changes in personel?

I look at the last pict of you in the Elise... You look like you're in a toy car..now I know the Lotus is tiny, but you in the car looks "caricaturish"...

I would love to drive that car in the "Ring" or even a Hyundai for that matter...one day.

Me too. :)

It's about as much fun as you can have leaving your clothes on! ;) The Nordschleife is gorgeous but extremely dangerous; in addition, it's not ideal for a weak car like an Elise. It's most fun on short, curvy circuits without long straights.

Try it naked and see if it improves it. :D

You remind me of a student. He turned out to be one of the world's top scuba divers. One day he told me of his encounter with a large school of bronze whaler sharks. They were pised off with him and would nudge him with their nose to leave the area.

He did. Very lazily so as not to spook them more. I was sitting at the other kit thinking "Who on earth am I teaching?

He's turned into a wonderful friend and student. I admire him very much.

Edited by mpk

You remind me of a student. He turned out to be one of the world's top scuba divers. One day he told me of his encounter with a large school of bronze whaler sharks. They were pised off with him and would nudge him with their nose to leave the area.

He did. Very lazily so as not to spook them more. I was sitting at the other kit thinking "Who on earth am I teaching?

He's turned into a wonderful friend and student. I admire him very much.

Had a Great White come up next to my buddie and I in our Kayaks in june. Then last month this happened in the same exact place as our experience with the same shark

https://shar.es/1EMue9