Trumpeter 1/32 Mig29K

Scale32

Wow, what an awesome paintjob!

wow Bevan, thats gorgeous!

Wow, that really is an incredible painting/weathering technique!

Cheers,

Marcel

Jeez, that's super. Well done.

Jim

Well done so far!!

Cheers guy's

Ok now for the weapons.....

DSCF0472_zpsysj12lhc.jpg

DSCF0476_zpsa3qltpts.jpg

DSCF0473_zps3ivp4icm.jpg

DSCF0474_zps2zvhfp3x.jpg

DSCF0477_zpsn4ogb1xx.jpg

DSCF0479_zpscqs5pe1f.jpg

As you can see the tanks have had an oil wash of sorts (still drying)they will be cleaned up in due course. Missiles have been clear coated awaiting oils and what not.

I found after painting the airframe and getting the gear on that she was a tail sitter, no call out in the instructions to add nose weight so I was pretty peeved. Oh well what to do now I said to myself! Ended up adding weight to the front of each fuel tank using fishing sinkers. I did tape the tanks to their pylons then taped to the airframe..... seemed to work. Now I'm a little worried about the wing to pylon join considering the extra weight.

Fingers crossed.

Cheers Bevan

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Jim....Some weathering to the ordnance.....

DSCF0508_zpsdyo4apqm.jpg

DSCF0511_zpsmjxcddzc.jpg

DSCF0509_zpszzzs0ab3.jpg

DSCF0510_zpskaijcx90.jpg

The fuel tanks received a stippling oil wash of black and burnt umber which is really hard to see. I then sealed with acrylic clear and started on the leaks out of the filling points. A thicker mix of the oil wash was used for this. Flat coat is Humbrol enamel flat coat. Sharp Derwent colour pencils were used for light scratches and Testors Aircraft Grey was used with a sponge for further detail. Prisma colour water colour pencils were used for the streaking of the fuel stains.

DSCF0513_zpswfjau6pt.jpg

DSCF0515_zpslipndhor.jpg

DSCF0516_zpsjfzojl62.jpg

I used Tamiya's "dark brown" enamel panel line colour for the missiles then flat coated with Humbrol flat coat.

DSCF0518_zpsrdqoq8ul.jpg

DSCF0519_zpslw3dy3rf.jpg

Not sure what to do with the exhaust area... bank it off .....paint black?

Cheers Bevan

I found after painting the airframe and getting the gear on that she was a tail sitter, no call out in the instructions to add nose weight so I was pretty peeved

Welcome to jet modelling mate!

Looks great so far and look forward to seeing it on the table at expo next year mate.

Eric

• 2 weeks later...

When installing the wing pylons I discovered that some of the holes needed to be filled and a couple drilled to accept the weapon load I chose.

20160905_150024_zpsdwdpojgz.jpg

20160905_150029_zpsaress5eh.jpg

20160905_150138_zpssnktducl.jpg

I fixed the holes with some plastic rod using super glue and snipped them off flush with my sprue cutters

20160905_151304_zpsixbvxdsg.jpg

20160905_151321_zpsoh4gauqv.jpg

I sanded smooth with a piece of sprue with some 600 wet and dry super glued to the end and cut down to a smaller size to keep the repair as small as possible.

20160905_151330_zpsgt6inrv8.jpg

And blew it back in.

20160905_194602_zpszlvudyli.jpg

20160905_194637_zpsjmusv4ij.jpg

And with the pylons in place.

20160905_202923_zpsc02roiev.jpg

Cheers and thanks for looking in

Bevan

Nice repairs ! I like the trick of the small bit if sanding paper glued on a piece of sprue. Good idea !

I dont know if the front wheel is hollow or not but if so, you can try to drill a hole in the bottom and fill it with small lead balls (like the "liquid gravity" stuff, or small leads for fishing). It would works only if a very few grams are needed, though.

Nice repairs ! I like the trick of the small bit if sanding paper glued on a piece of sprue. Good idea !

I dont know if the front wheel is hollow or not but if so, you can try to drill a hole in the bottom and fill it with small lead balls (like the "liquid gravity" stuff, or small leads for fishing). It would works only if a very few grams are needed, though.

G'day Zero77,

Not sure where I got the idea for the sanding paper on the end of a piece of sprue but it really works a treat for very small repairs especially on already painted areas. As for the weight issue I put fishing lead sinkers in the fronts of each fuel tank and it solved the tail sitting issue but thanks for your suggestion none the less. I'm not sure what the liquid gravity stuff is though.

Cheers Bevan

Welcome to jet modelling mate!

Looks great so far and look forward to seeing it on the table at expo next year mate.

Eric

Cheers Eric, it'll be there warts n all.

impressive weathering... really...

Thanks Rom I'm really glad you like the Mig. Your paint is some of my inspiration.