Nausicaä with Kai

LSP_Kevin

Nothing wrong with that.  Except, maybe, her underwear is showing.  Nice addition, Kevin.  You've got quite the eclectic gallery now.  Good show.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks, Mark. The reality is - in the movie, at least - that she isn't wearing any underwear!

Kev

Some of you will recall that I mentioned introducing a 'wet palette' to my process for this build, which made a huge difference to my ability to work with acrylic paints for brush painting. Vallejo has just published the following video on how to make and use one:

Mine's a little different, in that it uses paper towel in place of a sponge, and is a simple open tray, rather than a box you can close with a lid. I think the paper towel would probably work better for a container that doesn't have a lid, or for more ad hoc requirements like my own, as it would dry out more quickly, rather than sitting around and potentially becoming mouldy.

Whichever approach you use, if you want to brush paint figures (etc) with acrylics, using a wet palette is the key!

Kev

Thanks for posting the video and i think you did a great job on your Nausicaa and Kai.

I'm looking forward to version 2.0

Carl

Thanks, Carl. Glad you like it! I'm going to upgrade my wet palette for the next one, to something similar to the one in the video. Now that I've proven to myself the value of the concept, using a shallow container with a lid would improve its utility even more.

Kev