F-14D -headaches here we come

Eli Raphael

Very Nice Eli! I have one of these, plus the Zactoman resin intakes and some other bits, including your wonderful VF-2 Bounty Hunters decals so I'll be watching this for sure. Hell, I may even get around to building the thing one day :)!

Nice start. I'll be following this build very closely, I've started the trumpeter f-14b, and used the zactomodels intake kit, but when I used some primer on the intakes, I lost a lot of the fine details in the resin. After that I got disheartened with the build and it found its way to the cupboard and it hasn't seen the light of day since.

I hope you have more luck than myself, and I'll be watching how you tackle the intakes, as lm prepared to purchase a new set of intakes, if I know how to paint them and keep the details.

Modified a little the Gfactor front leg into the Aires well.

IMG_1662_zpspenj5etr.jpg

IMG_1663_zpsu1xzzmvc.jpg

You might wanna check the orientation on the nose gear though my friend as now in the picture its looking backwards...lovely resin have the same sets just plan n doing an Aversion so I'll be checking this one closely...

Cheers

Frederick Jacobs  

You might wanna check the orientation on the nose gear though my friend as now in the picture its looking backwards...lovely resin have the same sets just plan n doing an Aversion so I'll be checking this one closely...

Cheers

Frederick Jacobs  

Thanks!

Looks lovely Eli!  Im actually kind of surprised at the fit. I used Chris's intakes for my SU, and the fit IIRC was much better.    Are these designed for the Tamiya kit or the Trumpy?

The Tamiya intakes are correctly angled.

The Trump ones are wrong