Curtiss Kittyhawk (P-40E, Hasegawa)

Nah Max..just want to see if ya'll can see my mistakes. I'll reveal them in the end. While the clear parts are well molded, they're thick. I can't do much about the windshield and the window panes behind the cockpit (what's the purpose of the glass here, as it seems to serves no purpose?), but the canopy is easy enough for me to try and vac form it. I've had the Mattel for ages and the heating element/pump still works! It's in mint condition. I'll need to get some clear acetate. I've worked/prep the everything else for priming tonight and even received my EZ lines in the mail today.

If this fails, I still have the canopy used in the closed position to fall back on, but the kit's open canopy seems to sit a bit too high, so a vac form version may sit just right and maintain scale thickness...

Edited by Shaka HI

It's just a cheap Chinese knock-off from Amazon. Give it a try! Anywho...I tried to vac-form the canopy without much success and after 6 attempts, I gave the kit's canopy another look...scraped/sanded strategic parts of the insides of the canopy a bit to make it sit lower and told myself -- "it suffices, let's move on!"

Added the color coats and a few coats of Future to weather the smaller bits as well and now its under the Hawaiian sun drying a bit. Gotta be careful when you do this...larger pieces such as the fuselage will warp or the seams sink if it's left out too long, but smaller bits get nicely "baked" and the paint hardens much quicker.

And it better, because I added more weathering to the model while I wait for things to dry..LOL. Need to stay away from the model.