F-15E --- 1/32 --- Tamiya

Antennas:

111.jpg

image.jpg

Mounted. The plane here is after a careful degreasing wash and brings some awesome shines:

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

Hook:

photo_4.jpg

Liners on the rail tips:

photo_1_1.jpg

photo_2_1.jpg

Painting time, yeeeeeah :) That`s what i plan for the main painting:

1) A very thin tansparent coat of Surfacer1200;

2) A coat of ALC105 polished aluminium, which will act as a primer;

3) Preshading with a transparent coat of black;

4) A heavier yet transparent coat of FS36118;

5) Subtle filtering with FS36118 of different shades;

I did it exactly twice already and i`m confident that it will look good... :) Cheers!

Hi Bryan! I have just one pic while doing the base, and i thought that it was not a good pic so i didnt shared it. But here it is:

photo_5ff.jpg

The base in a word: an overwhelming sawing. At least a week long adventure, little by little every night when the temp is cooler for such a phisical treatment. I know that it would be easier to get advantage of a professional cutting on a sawing table, but hm... maybe i like it the difficult way. So it was a simple cheap rectangular piece of wood, i don`t know exactly its name, but it`s not plywoood. Btw this was not the first thing... ok ok, so first i got some 2 sq.m. of acrylic - 2 giant rectangular pieces, of which i cut 5 rectangular pieces (for the walls) and one dimanod-shape piece for the top. Then i assembled the entire top/lit with a a transparent self-adhesive tape (also don`t remember its exact name, maybe it was scotch or so... transparent very simple.... thin packaging tape perhaps). I found out that it is the best way, at least according to me, to "glue" the acrylic edges in a strong and clean way.

Then i traced the contours of the completed lit onto the rectangular piece of wood, and the overwhelming cutting started. And that`s basically it, at least for this moment. I plan to paint the base with some kind of wunway texture.... i need an inspiration about that... And also all along the front (most pointed) edge of the diamon lit has a little gap, which will accept a band with LED lights... 

+, i drilled a tiny little almost invisible hole in the middle of the base where a stainless-steel rod goes through, which screws in into a special nut inside the plane, between the intake ducts. This is for the "in-flight" display of the Eagle. ;) 

Btw the bad boy is shiny shiny now, after a whole bottle of ALC-105. Will take some pics tomorrow...