Jump to content

DesTROYer

LSP_Members
  • Content Count

    342
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About DesTROYer

  • Rank
    Hooked For Life
  • Birthday 02/12/1975

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    37.8136° S, 144.9631° E
  • Interests
    RAAF and RAAC models, Star Wars and all things good.

Recent Profile Visitors

938 profile views
  1. After a month of being distracted by a now Ex-girlfriend, I finally stopped feeling sorry for myself (mostly), stopped procrastinating on what I was going to build next and got started on my next 1/32 Jet build. Italeri's Mirage III E/R with mods to make it a III O. I'm still working out which changes I'll need to make to the base model to do the conversion, and Eric's build thread on LSP will be of great assistance there, but If anyone else has any pointers, I'd appreciate the help. The first thing I knew I'd need to fix was the wiring and hose work in front of the IP. T
  2. Sounds like a more than reasonable reason to start on my 1/32 Tamiya Tomcat.
  3. Getting back from my Christmas trip yesterday evening, this morning I managed to fire up my digital camera and after playing with lighting for a while, was finally ready to take some glamour shots of my finished Chinook. Its final resting place will be in a perspex display case with these patches I received from LSP member and Brahmans Chinook crew member in Afganistan, Craig Hartnett. Craig was an invaluable help on this build, providing photos and advice throughout. Without further adieu, CH-47D A15-104 Crux Australis "Dusty Blonde" Kit: Trumpeter 1/35 CH-47D Afterma
  4. Thanks, Craig and thanks for all your help. It's certainly on the trip wish list.
  5. Though I still do need to take some better photos and do a RFI post. I present my Trumpeter 1/35 CH-47D, Chinook A15-104 'Crux Australis'. As you can see, under different lighting, the paint colour changes quite dramatically. I am pretty happy with how it has come out, though of course there are a few things I would like to have done different and better, the fitting of the nose to the body for one thing. The piece ended up being wider than the body and there is a step on the crew entr
  6. Thanks John. The space taken to display the chook alone is huge due to the rotors. I have no plans to add to that realestate by adding a diorama at this time as much as I would like too.
  7. Good afternoon. I've spent the day making, painting and fitting additional parts onto the Chook and then finished up by spraying the sealing clear coat. Starting with sorting through my spare parts bin, I found suitable parts to make the hook for the CSAR hoist. A bit of glue and paint, and it was ready to fit. While there I finally got around to fitting the upper door inside the cabin. Then it was onto painting and fitting the heavy lifting hooks and I all so used some more spare parts to make up the rails for the lower door. One of the parts tha
  8. Decaling began Saturday afternoon. After half a day of bench time, by nightfall had the first side done. The Ronin decals, as always went down perfectly and looked great. Steves research and eye for detail brought to light a few errors on the kit. I did stuff up one decal though, through a stupid rookie mistake. The tail serial number went down great, but after I applied the setting solution as I was getting ready to pack up for the night, I noticed a couple of air bubbles under it. Instead of waiting for the decal to settle and dry, I took my hobby knife and put small little cuts on the b
  9. A late start today, but once I got started, I didn't want to stop. Started off paintings more more details and making some corrections. The colour charts say these rear lights are yellow. They may have yellow lamps in them, but they don't look right to me and the photos I have show them as a crazed white. I may have to fix them somehow, but I'm not sure how I'll do it yet. With all that done, it was time to head out into the garage and put down the gloss coat. Pretty straight forward, but by the time I was done and it was dry enough to handle, it
  10. Painting day. Being the first time (sort of) that I have used Model Master paints, today started with a small false start, but after finding a suitable thinner in my stock (Vallejo thinner did the trick), I got stuck into painting the Chinook. The paint went down real nice, gives a nice coverage, and when thinned down still allowed for the pre-shading to come through where I wanted it to. Then it was detail painting time. Taking my time and constantly looking through my references I've noticed that a lot of details have changed over the years. From colours of an
  11. As I've said elsewhere, outstanding. You make it all look so easy.
×
×
  • Create New...