What was your quickest LSP build ever?

ScottsGT

Not counting the bad old days, when a kit could get glued together in a few hours, I did a tidy OOB job on the Hasegawa '109G-6 when it first came out in about five days. A review build of the more recent Hasegawa "Jack" was similar, though what should have been an equivelent build of the new Hasegawa "George" turned into a nightmare as my Mojo failed me and it took several weeks of intense effort to get the basic OOB work done.

Hasegawa Raiden prototype (the orange one).

Flawless fit and only a little masking makes for a quick build.

I think it took 3 weeks while doing other stuff.

Edited by Adrian

Revell F-14 Tomcat OOB and spray can painted, less than 1 week. It's been completely redone once as VF-142, and partially redone a second time as VF-31 before I lost interest and put it on the shelf.

Well, back in the day, I put a Revell Seafire together in about 2 hours..........

2 Hours yikes. I am sure that all was well in tha world. Back in the day I put together and painted the large and wonderful Revell P- 40E kit over a week end the first summer after it came out. Pactra paints; five colors. Their Bf-109G kit used up about 3 days.

Rick

Yup, 2 hours or so. The goal for me back in 1967-1968 was build as quickly as possible, so I could play with them. Needless to say, they were a mess- huge gaps, glue fingerprints everywhere, chunks of plastic missing where the parts were torn from the tree.... ugly. But, the seed was planted, and I'm still at it almost 50 years later. My record for a 'serious' build, where I had to fill the seams, place decals accurately, was 6 hours for a 1/72 Zhegnpoopoo Mig-25. We couldn't use airbrushes (6-hour build contest) but you had to do the best that you could. Zap-a Gap for seams, lots of paint bottles, and a hair dryer to help the paint along. Considering what I started with, I thought it turned out pretty well. I wonder if I still have it in storage? Hmmm....

Revell Stuka. 4 hours. Built it for a man who flew them during the war. Everything painted with rattle cans. I used torn masking tape for all the edges between colors. Hand painted the canopy framing. Glad it was a warm day! The paint kicked off in minutes. Microscale decals.

1/32 Monogram P51D Mustang back in the day. It had a lot of operating features like dropping bombs, retracting landing gear by a gear between the front landing gear, and a sliding canopy, but with no motor or panels of any kind, it virtually built itself. My equally quick build was Revell's 1/28 Fokker DR1.