My"Thud"(F-105G Thunderchief) FINISHED

Volture

• 1 month later...

Hi my friends…

iam back to my project and as you can clearly see at the photos this awesome aircraft finally got its aerodynamic shape!!The correct resin cone is on....the correct resin vertical fin is on....and the rudder with the correct angle of the G version.

Its important to me to send special thanks to my friend the LSP user maraduerdriver , and that's because without his help this project cant be accurate and its still alive in my work bench!!!! 

Your critism is needed

Regards 

Philippos

1.jpg

5.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Glad to be back mr Kevin

My project postponed a little because of the death of my mother at the begining of July!!This project is dedicated to her memory.

Regards 

Philippos

So sorry to hear about your loss, Philippos. My condolences to yourself and your family.

Kev

• 3 weeks later...

Hi to all.

A w.i.p report starts with the canopy system...masked and some inside detail additions!!!

After adding some inside details of the canopies the canopy system get their black color and first dry brush weathering!!Then the very dificult adjustment of the front dashboard to the fuselage because of the triangle internal consoles!After some hard surgery the dash board placed in the right position with the help of a white putty.Also i improve and add some wire details in the very frond and at the dashbord!!The adventure of the thud continues!!!!

Regards

Philippos

1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

2.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

12.jpg

Hi Phillippos,

First off, i'm very sorry to hear of your Mother's passing. Mine died right at the end of June, while i was on the road working. So, i know how you must be feeling these days.

Regards the F-105, its not really a criticism, more of a suggestion. When my models get to the stage of construction that yours is in, i like to paint them overall with a primer, inspect it for flaws, fix the obvious ones, and then wet sand the model all the way back down to bare plastic. It makes the surface more uniform, the primer will stay in the recessed lines (sorta works like pre-shading, depending on the colour you use), but all that time you spend wet sanding the model will make you intimately familiar with all of the details, so missing a small gap, pinhole, or sanding scratch is pretty unlikely. I actually find it kind of relaxing.

Finally, with the model sanded down with something like 1500 grit, the paint will stick very handily to the model. I've never had a problem with enamel paints peeling off my models.

Now, if it was a bare metal finish i might not do that, but there's no harm done with the technique if you paint it in flat camouflage paints.

Just a thought for possible consideration.

david

Hi Phillippos,

First off, i'm very sorry to hear of your Mother's passing. Mine died right at the end of June, while i was on the road working. So, i know how you must be feeling these days.

Regards the F-105, its not really a criticism, more of a suggestion. When my models get to the stage of construction that yours is in, i like to paint them overall with a primer, inspect it for flaws, fix the obvious ones, and then wet sand the model all the way back down to bare plastic. It makes the surface more uniform, the primer will stay in the recessed lines (sorta works like pre-shading, depending on the colour you use), but all that time you spend wet sanding the model will make you intimately familiar with all of the details, so missing a small gap, pinhole, or sanding scratch is pretty unlikely. I actually find it kind of relaxing.

Finally, with the model sanded down with something like 1500 grit, the paint will stick very handily to the model. I've never had a problem with enamel paints peeling off my models.

Now, if it was a bare metal finish i might not do that, but there's no harm done with the technique if you paint it in flat camouflage paints.

Just a thought for possible consideration.

david

thank you so much mr David,

We both had at the same time this.....so we understand very clear each other!!My trully condelences also my friend!!!

So your suggestions is the right way of the construction....thank you so much mate i will try to do that..!!!

Regards Philippos