Trumpy P-38L back on the bench

BiggTim

I'm finally getting around to posting a few pics of the progress on this, which I started more than a year ago, and shelved for some other projects. I may have posted some of these back then, can't recall. It's back on the bench now, and moving along.

I decided to focus most of my time on the gun bay for this build, so the pit and LG bays are all OOB, with some minor scratch work to spruce them up. I would like to have used brass for these two gun trays, but it proved too much for my basic tools to do effectively, so I stayed with plastic. It's a bit thicker than I would like, but it might do. 

The ammo cans are actually lead covered with plastic for weight, and the nose cone is filled with lead as well.

(Photos lost, sorry)

Edited by BiggTim

Super nice scratching Tim, I will definitely follow this one with expectation of another stunner for the next year IPMS contest.

I gave up on mine P-38, the rivet holes were just too much to take. good luck with this beauty Tim.

Cheers

Martin

Super nice scratching Tim, I will definitely follow this one with expectation of another stunner for the next year IPMS contest.

I gave up on mine P-38, the rivet holes were just too much to take. good luck with this beauty Tim.

Cheers

Martin

I agree Martin, the rivet holes and panel lines are quite over done, but I have put on two coats of primer and wet sanded it as of now, which has made the rivets much more subtle. I am very lightly re-scribing the panel lines to sharpen them ever so slightly. I will post once I have some pics taken.

Chuck,

I am currently using the quickboost barrels, which are nice, but I have considered upgrading this one to brass, and using the QB ones on the back date F I'm planning. We'll see.