1/32 F-16E 'Desert Falcon' Block 60

dsahling1

Just recently finished this one up.  The Tamiya kit speaks for itself, great kit I'd recommend to anyone.  The wolfpack resin F-16E conversion is what I used to make this happen, it was pretty good except for one of the side panels on the front fuselage, but this may have just been me; decals were wonderful to work with.  I used CAM GBU-12s which makes for a really nicely detailed ordinance set.  I used Mr. Color paints FS 36495 and FS 36320 (The conversion says to use 36375 and not 36320, however I heard that it is much too light and that there may not even be FS colors listed for this yet).  I did some light weathering with an oil wash.  I made one major booboo when I dropped the kit and overdid it with the damage repair, if you find it you can tell me what kit to make next.

Enjoy

IMG_2535_zpst5fizjua.jpg

IMG_2536_zps9yfq64ix.jpg

IMG_2537_zpstapshq7v.jpg

IMG_2539_zpscb3p0psw.jpg

IMG_2540_zpslwvjydfq.jpg

IMG_2542_zps09ckdtmd.jpg

IMG_2545_zpsvf0pt0aj.jpg

IMG_2546_zpsrvwpgz7o.jpg

IMG_2548_zpsfrn7updn.jpg

One night I accidentally dropped it on the left LERX, it put a nasty dent right into the "chine" just forward of the LERX on the left side.  I attempted to fix it by adding a little CA glue and accelerator, however this where it all went to hell.  While sanding down the dried CA I must not have been paying close attention and ended up sanding down too much.  I was able to smooth it out, and its mostly hard to spot but as with every build there are plenty of SNAFUs and FUBARs.