1/32 Trumpeter A6-A Drumstick!

karimb

wow, cant wait to see this build finish, expecially with that huge bomb load!!

Shan thanks for leaving a word...

It will definitely be a huge bomb load lol...i can foresee all the seam filling on the mk80s lol  :doh: but its all part of the fun...all 22 of them

You're on the showstopper road, fantastic how alive the kit cockpit looks with just a few etched parts - I'm truly impressed  :rolleyes:

Lothar

Lothar Thanks! ive been thinking whether to go back and add some weathering though....still havent made up my mind yet

Agreed on everything there!

And accurate too even though they were land based. As you may know, -242 would have the wings folded when parked (and loaded) in/out their revetments at Da Nang.

Really fantastic work! Really looking forward to seeing the future progress. (and thanks for the decal compliments, hope your opinion is the same during/after use)

Thanks for taking the time to leave a word ziggyfoos

I cant really recommend the decal set enough my friend, honest! The amount of research done for those is really fantastic and they have become my benchmark when i compare other am decals and not much comes even close! really really happy with those. Im pretty sure the actual decals will come out great during application, i hope they take to mr mark softer/setter well though im sure theyll be thin enough!

Thanks again for checking out the build!

Just found your build.

Damn great looking so far i cant wait to see more.

Keep going

Mark

Thanks Mark for leaving a word....

should be back at the bench when i go home on the 9th for a week!

Hi Karim, sweet work what you have done in a week would take me 6 months!!

Lol!

thanks Simmo.... its just that my modelling time is kindof limited so i just try to squeeze in as much as i can

Well guys just a quick update from Doha !

Just finished spending the last two night in the sweatbox (aka the simulator) for my 6 month recurrent training and license reval...done and out of the way, now im released to go 'play' for another 6 months lol... i still have two more operating flights then i am back home to the bench for 6 or 7 days starting the 9th...

once back, the plan will hopefully be to have the outer wings assembled modified and the pe added, get some of the missing rescribing done, the birdcage done with some scratch and wiring added....also i need to modify some of the kit for it to be represent the correct aircraft. DaNang Batmen its going to be, so i need to modify the doppler antenna and chaff/flare dispensers on the bottom. The kit part comes with the 'cut' doppler, so i reckon i will build up a crosshatched overlay of styrene sheet (which will make it simpler than building it up with epoxy putty or similar stuff) sand it up to shape, putty over it and get it smooth. we'll see how we'll be able to work this thing out if any of you guys have got ideas let me know. i also tinkered with cutting a piece out of a fuel tank that would roughly fit the bill and fairing it in, but i think that would be my last option... also i will try to get some of the gear done see how far down the road we can go and maybe manage to slap on a layer of paint...i suppose that will be the plan but who knows lol

Thank you all for all the support and kind words

ill see you all end of this week  :frantic:

Till then, stay safe as always and happy modeling!

Karim

seriously stunning work dude! I don't know if you have seen this or not, but I thought I'd post up a video of the Flory model build, he built his much in the same fashion that you are. You guys that take this kit on and build it, really do it justice and knock it out of the park! 

Can't wait to see more and watch this one come along. 

seriously stunning work dude! I don't know if you have seen this or not, but I thought I'd post up a video of the Flory model build, he built his much in the same fashion that you are. You guys that take this kit on and build it, really do it justice and knock it out of the park! 

Can't wait to see more and watch this one come along. 

Ok.............................................I GOTTA ask.............................what the H E double hockey sticks is up with the engine stuck on the port wing pylon?!?!??      Am I missing something?  And before you ask NO I did not watch the entire thing.

I can only take Phil in very small doses.

from the pictures that you posted at the beginning of the build, I thought maybe you were going for an "in phase" build. I personally think his build is beyond bitching and really captures alot. 

But hey I also like torpedo cigars, so take that for what it's worth 

Hey guys. Just landed back in Doha an hour ago. Vacation is over for the time being lol. Going back home on the 20th for four days again woohoo. Well this time we'll do the update like last time a compendium of what i did during the last 6 days on the kit. Very good news indeed. And no its not done yet muahahaha. I just uploaded 104 photos to dropbox tomorrow ill have to reduce that number and resize those and ill give you fine gents the massive update I promised. Along with replying to everyone who was kind enough to leave a word. Thanks everyone. Your enthusiasm is what is keeping this build going. So until tomorrow everyone stay safe and happy modeling

Karim