1/32 Trumpeter A6-A Drumstick!

karimb

I'll be sure to build and post mine when the time comes. I've just got a backlog of started kits to finish, but the Intruder does call out to me.  Just needs some more aftermarket to dress it up

Matt  :frantic:

Matt i wished there was more in the way of aftermarket stuff out there. i bought all i could for the two kits i have this one and the other one in the stash. Avionix resin cockpit and decals are mostly what you can find. along with the Eduard PE stuff. i dont think there is a BigEd yet. i bought them separate subkit of PE... i would very very very much recommend the AOA decals though. they have quite a few choices for the intruder!

thanks for dropping by my friend and leaving a comment!

Hey Karim, beautiful build!! I noticed that the forward, inboard bomb station on the inner MERs are empty- is this because the MLG would hang up on retraction if it was used?

Lee

Great work indeed Karim! Following this closing, I've got the A-6E kit & will be picking up the A-6A as well to use those great AOA decals. Looks like the Eduard PE exterior set is a nice addition as well. I'm hoping for a full cockpit set to be released, maybe by Aires. Keep pushing to the finish.

Chuck

Karim, excellent progress and build and very appreciate the lengthy detail progress descriptions - great reference also for those looking for build help/ideas.

Please don't take this as some elitist criticism (your build is far better than I could do!), I realize it's your build of course but since you did mention to let you know of areas to improve/modify..... Since you're going through the excellent effort of making the jet accurate as much as possible, the mixed snakeyes and slicks loadout sticks out to me. I read you ran out of the slicks, maybe you can get some trades? Your finished seats looks awesome painted and finished up, so too late for this build but since you said you're doing a future build, the seat cushions on the GRU-5 were orange. Eduard incorrectly printed the b/n scope green on their PE set, it too should be orange.

Again, excellent build and paint. Looking forward to future updates.

Edited by ziggyfoos

Hey guys good evening!

Im posting this off of my mobile again out of Nairobi on a layover (trend going on here lol!) tomorrow i should be getting back to Doha landing at 1820 then changing my clothes and getting on the flight home as a passenger at 2015. Its gonna be close! Im going to stay home for 3 days so i am looking forward to the first coats of paint going on the kit during my stay home. I havent had a chance to answer the comments posted yet, i will when i come back and do a new update.thank you each and every one of you who took the time to leave a word! Ziggyfoos thanks for the comments i am glad you took the time to point out some issues. Just a couple of qs though. The problem is the seats have the ribbed cushion padding which means those should be green from what ive seen on the tinternet the flat padding used to be orange. Now on the other hand i have a problem because gru5s were used until 1972 when they switched to gru7s. The bird i am modeling is from 1970. To my eyes the seat modeled in the kit is a gru7 so i am kindof stuck. The bn screen is going to be painted silver then clear orange thanks for reminding me i had completely forgotten about that. On another note i have already asked a friend for spare slicks and i am waiting on that. Worst case ill get the trumpy weapons set theres no harm in having extra stuff in the stash is there lol?

But the seat is an issue now that i think of it and that you've pointed it out hmmm i can't really make out if the kit one is a 5 or a 7 they look so similar. Guys, any opinions and guidance will be appreciated!

See you all for the update in a week

Karim

Edited by karimb

Ya you're right the kit seats (and ribbing) are closer to the GRU-7 than to the -5 and the TrueDetails/Avionix seats (while they look great) are an oddball seat not really either a 5 or 7 either. If you haven't seen this seat thread, it may help with some seat questions:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=58659

(there are a couple other older threads too about the seat if want to dig for more, think there was talk of them on the cockpit review thread)

Thanks for the Tip on the Fine Salt, I normally use the Salt packs from Mc Donalds, they  work fine. Is this a vietnam war era bird? dont know if they had fire retardant paint on their bombs back then?