1/32 Italeri Mirage IIIC Coming Soon !!!

SharkOwl

This calls for a triple build this winter.

III C - III E/5 - Dagger.

Markings Argentine (air defense) - to be determined (Belgium/Egypt/Congo?) - Argentine (Falklands)...

Looking forward (always :thumbsup: )

- dutik

In at Lucky Model too. They have a 15% off coupon that helps a little with the shipping.

I'll be waiting a while for mine. I preordered when they had the $2 surface shipping, so it was only about $135 for two kits, but it will probably take a couple of months.

Are you sure? Got the CJ other engines than other C's from the beginning or were the engines changed in Israelian sevice?

The author also states that Argentinian technicians were sent to a Mirage 5 base to learn about the handling of the Atar 9C engine.

By the way - Italeri offers with the kit the Israelian CJ version. Did the shape and look of the CJ aircraft change during it's service in Israel or did Italeri miss something specific to buil a CJ?

Regards

- dutik

Hi,

All CJ initially used the same ATAR 9B than the French C. The CJ changed later in their service life as the IAF decided to use only the more recent ATAR 9C version for the whole Mirage/Nesher fleet. Globally the rear end of the CJ was changed into one very similar to the Nesher or Mirage IIIE/V type. This type was used during the Kippur War.

Hth

Thierry

OK, does Italeri provide the parts for a "late" CJ with Atar 9C or are Italeris options limited to the "early" Israelian III C?

Nevertheless, good point. Will have a look at the rear end (@alain11 saying "ass", my ass, is this the French way? :rofl: ) and modify it as required.

Might be much more easy than to rework the old Revell kit PLUS to shorten the front end :coolio:

Regards

- dutik