Tamiya 1/32 Nakajima A6M2 finished 6-13-17

MustangManiac

Hi everyone,

I took the masks off of my Zero today to take a look at the final results of my painting. I've got to say I think she don't look too bad.

IMG_20160523_131903_212_zpsmkeaebnc.jpg

IMG_20160523_132004_226_zpsoachwrng.jpg

IMG_20160523_132035_796_zpsz6yop45j.jpg

IMG_20160523_132142_829_zpst9bqs00i.jpg

Then I started giving the bottom of the wings some detail with a wash of dark brown and dark gray. So far I don't think it looks too bad for a newbie like me:

IMG_20160523_143433_406_zps7nihdqfg.jpg

IMG_20160523_153126_886_zpsqjqjhyku.jpg

That's all I have for now.

Cheers,

Brady

Hello everyone,

First off, thank you Mark.

I realized today that I was working on panel line details when I hadn't even painted the insignia on the lower portion of the wings. So I painted those on the wings today. 

IMG_20160524_092609_349_zpsfszacfnb.jpg

While I was painting the insignia on two of the sections of the canopy fell off while it was inverted, and I forgot they hit the floor. Then I stepped on both of them and broke them both, now I'm having to get replacements from Tamiya and I'll have to paint them over....bummer.

IMG_20160524_092638_846_zpsvxphbwe0.jpg

Cheers,

Brady

I really really like this build, just sorry about your mishap.

Glad you went with folded wing tips, I think the Zero looks great like that, that is how I am doing my A6M3-22 Tamiya conversion. Reminds me, really should crack on with that again...

Cheers

Anthony

Although I have to be the odd man out, as I think the folded wing tips really detract from the smooth lines of the Zeke. I pretty much think any folded wings take away from the look and/or change it enough that it makes any pretty aircraft into something completely different.

It takes nothing away from a really awesome build however! 

Hi guys,

Yea it was a big bummer and made me say a few choice words. I got in touch with Tamiya and am waiting on them now. It really sucks that I have to do all that masking a second time though. Thanks for all your kind words though guys. In the mean time I'll be working on the panel line washes.

Cheers,

Brady

This is really a great and unique looking build!  Im lovin it! 

Can confirm I have the spare sliding canopy part if needed.

THIS is one of the reasons I love LSP.  If one shares a WIP on here and has an issue, its highly likely anther LSPer can come to the rescue.