Tamiya 1/32 Nakajima A6M2 finished 6-13-17

MustangManiac

Hello everyone,

I'm back with more progress on the Zero. I'm pretty much to the final stages of decals and then another coat of Future followed by a flatcoat. Here's where I am as of now:

IMG_20170207_015547453_zpsxsrgymhj.jpg

The tiny decals on the side for panel alignment are there and done too, I just forgot to snap a shot of them, not that it's much to see. That's all for now.

Cheers,

Brady

Looking good Brady. That camo scheme is fantastic.

Jim

Wow, that is turning out fantastic. I really do like that scheme on a Zeke. 

Hi Jim, Brian,

Thanks guys for the compliments and motivation to keep going and get it finished. I liked this camo pattern on the 1/48 Hasegawa kit and figured why not I can do it on a 1/32 scale Tamiya kit, not to mention some sellers want just as much for the Hasegawa kit as a Tamiya kit just because it is a limited edition.

I also just like some of my subjects to be more unusual than the boring same old same old.

Brady,

This has been an EPIC and inspiring build, and I've learned so much along the way!

Cheers, Tom

Hi Tom,

I'm glad I can be of help in helping someone else's learning curve advance here.

I hope to get it finished soon and probably start a Spitfire, either a PR XI or Johnny Johnson's Beer Spitfire.

Cheers,

Brady

Hi guys,

I'm back with more of a question than progress this time. I have a bit of a problem now that I've put decals down. It appears to be some sort of chemical reaction that makes the coat of Future look cloudy.

IMG_20170208_061834853_zpsd9zfg7xr.jpg

I think this is due to using Micro Sol and Micro Set on the decals and maybe using them too much. This cloudiness will temporarily disappear with a wipe of a cotton swab wet with just water. Do you guys think it will go away permanently when I give the whole plane another coat of Future?

Thanks,

Brady

• 1 month later...
Hello everyone,

I figured it was time for an update even though I'm almost done with my Zero. I've placed almost all of the decals I need to make a Nakajima Zero and I added some field applied green to the spinner because some of the Alclad was showing signs of some cracking, so I covered them up with some green.

I have a couple more decals to place then another coat or two of Future followed by a flatcoat and she should be done.

Here's what she looks like as of now:

IMG_20170316_181100406_zpskpy2i1ub.jpg

IMG_20170316_181108995_zpstttaes3h.jpg

IMG_20170316_181121407_zpsdtkac5tv.jpg

Cheers,

Brady