Tamiya 1/32 Nakajima A6M2 finished 6-13-17

MustangManiac

Hello everyone,

I received the replacement parts for the canopy that I broke the originals of today in the mail. I can't say this is much of an update other than I've got the parts and most of the masks are on them now. Next is to paint the interior black color followed by the Amber Grey like they were before.

IMG_20160608_211218_833_zpsjebtk9mj.jpg

That's all for now.

Cheers,

Brady

Thank you guys!

On another note what color wash would you guys suggest that I use for the cowling since it's black?

Thanks again,

Brady

Find a decent gray or brown for that cowl. This one looks great!

Yesterday I got those parts for the canopy that I broke the originals of painted again for a second try at having a complete canopy. I'm sorry I forgot to snap a picture of the parts while they were drying, but it wasn't much to see really.

Being back in school for the summer semester I haven't had much time to work on the fuselage and the top of the other wing with a wash, but we'll get there.

Cheers,

Brady

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I'm back with a little bit of progress, some of it being a repeat of what was once already done. I've gotten the replacement canopy parts painted that Ade sent me and I also got the rear side of the prop blades painted black like they need to be.

IMG_20160615_175822_468_zps3kcjz4f7.jpg

Like I said it's not much progress, but some.

Cheers,

Brady

• 2 weeks later...
Hello everyone,

I'm back with some more weathering progress. I got the top and both sides of the fuselage and the tops of both horizontals finished in the weathering process.

IMG_20160701_174415_929_zpsdooyn1m1.jpg

IMG_20160701_174517_849_zpsgbkjgk2n.jpg

IMG_20160701_174332_171_zpsggdizw48.jpg

IMG_20160701_173906_597_zpsnumcr6oq.jpg

I now only have to weather the top of the left wing and the cowling and the weathering will be done.

I realized the other day that I was originally going to fold the wingtips and never cut the indicators off that retract when they're unfolded and locked in place.

IMG_20160701_174603_474_zpsmh4v4iym.jpg

IMG_20160701_174540_362_zps1wnkgbne.jpg

One thing I'm not sure of that I need to know or go searching for myself is if you could still see the red of these indicators after the wings were locked in place, or if I need to try and repaint my wingtips to match and re-weather them.

That's all I have for now.

Cheers,

Brady