Tamiya DH Mosquito FB VI- Stickers! Err, decals.

BloorwestSiR

Carl

Awesome progress on your Mossie .. simply outstanding work. I'm not to far behind your progress and knowing first hand all the hours needed to bring the Mossie to this stage is quite an accomplishment.

With my Mac finally back and needing much attention doing all the necessary homework after the new HD, I'll finally back at the bench and ready for the next update. If I come close to your Mossie, I'll certainly be a one happy camper.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks Peter! Your certainly not that far behind me. I'm still waiting on the paint masks and rocket rails to arrive. The good news is I managed to get the flat white paint I needed. The bad news is I sort of started grafting a parapack fairing onto a Tamiya F-16 tail while my bench had all this free space on it...

IMG_20160929_231955.jpg

Nice work Carl, when are we expecting the Aviaology rocket rails to start dropping through our letter boxes, I have a set on order, I have a scheme in mind but waiting for all the parts before I start.

Regards. Andy

Yea, when !?.....Harv :popcorn:

Yea yeah I know, I have been so busy working on the Auster that the poor old modelling has taken second fiddle, we virtually had no winter and so I have been down at the hangar, although I come on here several times a day and my projects are never far from my mind when I am working on the plane â€‹

No problem Harv.

My custom roundel masks arrived from Maketar late last week so I got to work on them.

IMG_20161005_214533.jpg

I'm using masks for the wing and fuselage roundels as well as for the fin flash.

IMG_20161005_220802.jpg

After aligning the masks, I tape around them to prevent overspray and help reduce the chance of paint getting between the different elements of the masks.

IMG_20161005_221517.jpg

Working from the inside outwards, I started with red. I'm using Tamiya paints I mixed up to match.

IMG_20161005_222108.jpg

Then white:

IMG_20161005_223810.jpg

Blue:

IMG_20161005_225210.jpg

IMG_20161005_225739.jpg

IMG_20161005_230309.jpg

And finally the yellow which is only on the fuselage roundels.

IMG_20161005_231102.jpg