„BISMARCK“ – German’s battleship 1941 – 1/200 by Trumpeter,

elmarriachi

*** UPDATE ***

... And one last update, before the final fotos for the gallery could be made :) 

The stairways are finished, painted and mounted. Also some further add-on parts on the maindeck. The flaggs (fabric) are formed with white-glue and water mix, then glued to the masts with super glue.

The display was painted in palisander and clear coat.... then the name plates follow on both sides.

Generally speaking - that's it..... most of the work is done, just some reworks to be done, which I will note during the next days I think .. :) 

dsc_9319_1024x678mis1d.jpg

dsc_9310_1024x678ihsqh.jpg

dsc_9307_1024x678llsfd.jpg

dsc_9303_1024x678b6slu.jpg

dsc_9316_1024x6785jsun.jpg

dsc_9314_1024x67839s7s.jpg

dsc_9320_1024x67836sv6.jpg

dsc_9321_1024x67819suw.jpg

dsc_9322_1024x678w3scv.jpg

dsc_9328_1024x678yhs63.jpg

Cheers

Micha

*** UPDATE ***

... And one last update, before the final fotos for the gallery could be made :)

The stairways are finished, painted and mounted. Also some further add-on parts on the maindeck. The flaggs (fabric) are formed with white-glue and water mix, then glued to the masts with super glue.

The display was painted in palisander and clear coat.... then the name plates follow on both sides.

Generally speaking - that's it..... most of the work is done, just some reworks to be done, which I will note during the next days I think .. :)

dsc_9319_1024x678mis1d.jpg

dsc_9310_1024x678ihsqh.jpg

dsc_9307_1024x678llsfd.jpg

dsc_9303_1024x678b6slu.jpg

dsc_9316_1024x6785jsun.jpg

dsc_9314_1024x67839s7s.jpg

dsc_9320_1024x67836sv6.jpg

dsc_9321_1024x67819suw.jpg

dsc_9322_1024x678w3scv.jpg

dsc_9328_1024x678yhs63.jpg

Cheers
Micha

Just an outstanding build Micha.  I can't remember, but was this build meant to signify the Bismarck through the Fjords, or out in the Atlantic?  if the latter, the paint scheme is incorrect (stripes were overpainted and much evidence also suggests that the Swastika was overpainted and the main armaments were painted Yellow and not Black.  

Dave

PS I believe there are some inaccuracies in the hull (stern) too in the Trumpeter kit, but they are so tiny as far as I'm concerned that it's not worth the effort to re-work the hull. 

Truly superb job Micha.

I can imagine that the investment in this kit is significant. Not only time and energy but financial as well.

What you are rewarded with though is a beautiful model of one of the world's most sleek and impressive warships. It has been a pleasure to follow your build. Thankyou for taking the time to share her with us.

Now, when do you begin Scharnhorst, Prinz Eugen and Tirpitz? :hmmm:

:innocent:

Edited by geedubelyer

Hmm.... next I will make some good photos of the finished one .... then she will receive a showcase made of acrylic-glass.... then I will think about what coming next. Thinking about 1/200 Nelson, Missouri, Arizona.... or 1/350 Kitty Hawk, Scharnhorst ...... Let's see :)

I believe trumpeter released a 1/200 HMS Hood, or is very close to releasing it.  I haven't been keeping a track of the 1/200 scale ships (other than the Bismarck).  I'd probably go with a USS Missouri if I were you!  

Dave

Oh and there's this one - Arii's 1/250 scale Yamato:

http://www.amazon.com/Yamato-Battleship-1-250-by-Arii/dp/B000JF6SHA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1454497583&sr=8-1&keywords=arii+yamato

price is very reasonable.  The issue is that I don't think there's any real AM PE parts (or wooden deck for that matter).  That's the only reason why I didn't buy it, and went with the Nichimo.  note: the nichimo by all accounts has accuracy issues, and the Arii kit is better in this respect (and the Tamiya 1/350 Yamato even more so).  Which reminds me of a bad joke...

I was walking through some farm fields the other day and came across a young woman tilling the ground with a large tool.  She told me that scythe matters ;-)

Dave

*** FINISHED ***

Hello,

it is done .... here we go and finish this project today.... finally, the Bismarck is finished! 

I want to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH for all your interest in this project. Thank you for your assistance, for your help, criticism, infos - for all your feedback during all the time! 

I will add some more pictures during the next days here.... I think a lot of photos as I am knowing me... sorry for that :)

Here a small appetizer on the coming gallery - and the end of this build ....

DSC_9529.jpg

Thank you very much once again to all readers, watchers, writers, followers, ... for your interest in this project! 

Cheers

Micha

Edited by elmarriachi