„BISMARCK“ – German’s battleship 1941 – 1/200 by Trumpeter,

elmarriachi

Absolutely fabulous work Michael,

I have a 1/350 Tirpitz that I am looking to build (my first ship) and have a MK 1 wooden deck set to add. May I ask, did you rely solely upon the manufacturer's adhesive to hold the wooden deck or did you augment it with another adhesive?

Regards,

Edited by Kahunaminor

Hello @ all.

I am thinking about some final ideas at the moment.... and I wonder what you think about it ....

Figures ... I have a package of 1/200 resin figues from North Star Models, together with German leader A. Hitler... thinking about placing them on the deck as it could be seen on several pictures, Hitler walking in front of the Bismarck-crew .....  Or no figures on deck..... What do you think? 

Also thinking about adding the stairways on the side of the hull... or without ...... What do you think?

Cheers

Michael

Beautiful'model, Michael ! Love it !

As for your question, I tend to have definite views

- waterlne model ==> at sea ==> needs a crew

- full hull model even if weathered ==> conventional representation of a ship (if not in dry dock, where it is then a diorama) ==> crew makes the model look strange.

As for Adolf's figure, completely superfluous in my view (all the more so as he did not really display any interest in the big capital ships anyway) whatever you decide to do with the crew.

Just my 0.02

Hubert

Edited by MostlyRacers

*** UPDATE ***

All the handrails around the maindeck are installed. I used the ones by North Star Models instead of the kit- parts or Pontos parts, which are both not correct. After that I placed the stairs on the side of the hull. Made of PE-parts, painted in brown, grey and gold...

dsc_9221_1024x678vkudu.jpg

dsc_9223_1024x678r3uyt.jpg

dsc_9229_1024x678bruca.jpg

dsc_9228_1024x678x6uyk.jpg

dsc_9227_509x768xuunl.jpg

LG

Micha

*** UPDATE ***

... And one last update, before the final fotos for the gallery could be made :) 

The stairways are finished, painted and mounted. Also some further add-on parts on the maindeck. The flaggs (fabric) are formed with white-glue and water mix, then glued to the masts with super glue.

The display was painted in palisander and clear coat.... then the name plates follow on both sides.

Generally speaking - that's it..... most of the work is done, just some reworks to be done, which I will note during the next days I think .. :) 

dsc_9319_1024x678mis1d.jpg

dsc_9310_1024x678ihsqh.jpg

dsc_9307_1024x678llsfd.jpg

dsc_9303_1024x678b6slu.jpg

dsc_9316_1024x6785jsun.jpg

dsc_9314_1024x67839s7s.jpg

dsc_9320_1024x67836sv6.jpg

dsc_9321_1024x67819suw.jpg

dsc_9322_1024x678w3scv.jpg

dsc_9328_1024x678yhs63.jpg

Cheers

Micha