WNW RNAS Sopwith PUP

LSP_Mike

They've claimed in the past that they'll never repop their kits, but I doubt that's true. They emailed out a year or so back about a special issue Harry Tate with extra goodies, pilot figures, decals, etc., and there's nothing stopping them from repopping them in their Duelists range. I think we won't see them in their current incarnations and decal choices, but we will see them again. What sane businessman turns down sales?

I have two Pups in the stash. I just wish I'd grabbed a Triplane before they went away - only one in the stash!  

There has been talk of these "special editions" for some time now (at least since the W.29 first went OOP) but all we've seen so far has been that one reissued as a "duellist" set with the Felixtowe.

I agree that they will probably reappear in some form in the future, but on the other hand I'm not holding my breath.

- Steve

The RNAS Pup kit is identical with the RFC kit except for the decal set. Use the Pheon decals and you're all set.

Doesn't it have different parts for the different gun arrangement for the naval Pups?

Matt  :frantic:

An important factor regarding the Special Edition kits: they are certain kits only, and WNW has never said they would release all as S/E kits. The W-29, Brisfit, and Ninack, are listed, but not all kits are slated for re-release. The W-29 is released in the Duellist set, but not as a special Edition.

The much vaunted special editions have been on the slate for at least 5 years, promising lots of extra PE and decal offerings.

And so far they've released exactly none.

I seem to remember that they said they's offer things like PE rigging. Maybe the fact that I've yet to see a successful build using the stuff has put them off. Plus HGW have stolen their thunder to a degree with the PE sets they have, whilst Pheon have cornered the decal market.

Plus, of course, the longer the wait goes on, the more people will buy the existing kits. 

Perhaps WNW have just decided to concentrate on the new tooling they have - after all, they have an awful lot on the go and they are a small organisation. How many special editions would they actually sell? It's a niche market and, if for instance I have the current kit, I'd not pay (substantially) more for essentially the same kit with some PE & different decals.

I seem to remember that they said they's offer things like PE rigging.

I can't think of anything worse than PE rigging. Up there alongside PE chains in the pantheon of terrible ideas.

- Steve

Edited by Babelfish Steve