Mals Way, Corsair, USS Bunker Hill, Carrier Deck, Part II.

Thanks all for the kind comments.....

Little done this evening....

Masked inside of the front canopy, Tamiya rubber black and lover areas, some dull dark green, a round of very diluted gloss....the glue areas were cleaned, and that line at the joint will be removed in time.....

11713721_1460375007618536_58621600713048

Another angle....Damn.....as soon as i take a Picture a Micro fibre from a tshirt lands on the glass....nah, i wont retake a Picture for that, annoying isnt it...note it is not in the paint.

11741152_1460377227618314_72174017140594

Also this is important from now to cover the cocpit area protect it against fibre particles from slipping in during work, so in time all will be masked of.

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Thanks geedubelyer....

Yep much better and no pain at all....

Still waiting for my ordinary dentist to come back from het holiday....all nerves are removed and killed in the tooth now...so meaning no pain...but needs to be fixed...

Got a temporary fix that last approx tops one month....so it in shedule...tooth pain is one of the worsr nerve pains i know....

ive injured myself many times and so on but theeth are the worst.....and it gets worse if not taken care of...inflamation and so on down to bone....but hey...not now ;)

/Mal

Now some head scratching........

The windows behind the headrest...

Tamiya Glue is a no no....due strong capilary force on this kit due perfect fit....dont want to risk anything now...

So leaning to use Micro Clearfix as glue or Tamiya Clear...hmmm oh well...i sleep on this....

/Mal

Guest Peterpools

Mal

Nothing ever escapes your eye! Looking fantastic and I'm ready to follow and enjoy the top side color paint work.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Allright.....

Big paintjobb started, with all natural overspray im after...yes Mals Way and interpret, all colors are homebrew Tamiya.....note the undersidecolor is not insignia White, as ive read it come with the later model F4U-1A, theese earlier ones were more greyish... (light grey blueish hard to explain...just tinted)

11262998_1462906670698703_51078572458982

11728808_1462914817364555_87179007573948

Working hard to get that finnish im after....just perfect smooth for me....

11782291_1462905930698777_33535670326931

Yep my intepret of the underside color, ill take a shot natural Daylight some day....makes more justice so please wait and see....

11741126_1462913804031323_73594227682229

/Mal

A reason why progress going slow....

My toothache i had, and my nightpal is injured from a fight with a common seagull, were at the Vetrinary yesterday, infection and all that, big open wounds that needs to be open for a week now..(the drainadge tube dont work on a bellyside on him...they tried)...damn i were worried.....he is recovering, he is geting anthibiotocs and painkillers, but i must say it hurs my heart i have to rip open the wound twice a day so it all gunk can slip out cause absence of drainadge tube, but it have to be done...and gently hand and firmly....and he understands since he sits and i can Clean him without holding him, he moarring loudly but he understands that it have to be done, or else he will be sick cause infection, animals do understand more than you Think....

one thing that shows recovery is apetite now, and less fever.....so he is on the way.

amefbb.jpg

yes it is open big wounds.....that are opened.

/Mal

Wow, you have a lot on your plate, Mal. Hope your friend heals quickly, and returns to normal health. How did the seagull look?

Paint job is looking great so far!

Tom

Hello Mal,

That was ahell of a story My dog have  some sort of a sort of of a wound, but it is from a tick not from a fight with a seagull your cat must be a fearsome enemy of the seagull family he was probablly trying to eat their yougn not a good idea :D !! hopefully he will be well soon.

Cheeers

Boris