Tamiya Corsair - too easy to model a -1D from the 1A?

seiran01

Thank you.  Ordered the props.  Now that's all I need are the rocket launchers and perhaps 5" HVARs.  Any comments CMK HVARs?

trumpeter has some nice ones in there Avenger kits also Isra Cast makes the launchers for the HVARs mentioned in this post earlier. check Hannantes for a company that makes HVARs and metal. real nice ones too at that I would pass on the CMK ones.

Edit do to phone posting  see below for link

Edited by Vandy 1 VX 4

• 1 year later...

Matt McDougall famously said, that Tamiya is terrible in terms of doing follow-up offerings of later versions of their subjects. Looks like maybe this is another case of that.

I heard rumours the Spitfire XVI did not sell well, but its only rumour not fact.

Are the rocket stubs in the Trumpeter Avenger, Corsair, or Hellcat any good?

david

I was just thinking that you could possibly use the 21st Century Toys Canopy it's frameless, they have the two center line drop tanks, and HVAR's. I know it's not the greatest but maybe be with a little work could come out nice.

I am currently trying to do a conversion myself.  I have a Trumpeter canopy that I am trying to work with and it is in need of some reshaping of the framework and repainting to better fit the outline per the Tamiya part.  I don't think it will be able to be displayed closed- only open.  Still trying to decide whether to sand off the extra frames from the Tamiya and polish.  Anyone tried this avenue?  I have used the paddle prop blades with slight modification from the Hasegawa P-47 in my parts box.

I have used the paddle prop blades with slight modification from the Hasegawa P-47 in my parts box.

The Hasgawa Hellcat also has a nice 3 blade paddle prop that would work for the 1D.  Just a little soft on detail in the hub area.

Best regards

Patrick