OK, now that the HK and Tamiya Mosquito's have been announced

Juggernut

Why a Typhoon? Tempest is the only way to go! Most likely from  one of the new companies. I think Hasegawa are scaling back on 32 scale kits. Tamiya very unlikely I think. I have a funny feeling that the next 32 scale kit from Tamiya will be Japanese but I hope I'm wrong. A nice Hellcat from them would be nice or a Hurricane.

Why a Typhoon? Tempest is the only way to go! Most likely from  one of the new companies. I think Hasegawa are scaling back on 32 scale kits. Tamiya very unlikely I think. I have a funny feeling that the next 32 scale kit from Tamiya will be Japanese but I hope I'm wrong. A nice Hellcat from them would be nice or a Hurricane.

If Tamiya go the Japanese route next then a modern tool Nakajima Ki-43 Hayabusa is slightly overdue, and I'd love a Seiran. I know a lot of people want more of the Pearl Harbor era gear too.

If British I'd most like to see a new, accurate Beaufighter VI.f

There are a lot of mainstream American subjects (for which I'm only really interested in 2nd & 3rd generation jets, so don't care much except for some saucy decals).

If German please do a Bf 110 G-4 nachtjager.

Tony

How about a Hurricane? Iconic aircraft, 14,000 built, but tragically, severely lacking in Swastikas.

There's the PCM Mk.I's and Fly have a Mk.IIC on the way with others to follow...

For Tamiya's next I'd like to see them do a P-51B...

Edited by Kagemusha

Arrgggghhh!!  Peeps, you just don't get the way this is going to work....  WE tell the manufacturer's that we want a new Typhoon (WWII Prop plane, not the hairdryer with the same name) and we solicit proposals to see which of these companies can provide the highest quality kit at the lowest possible price in the shortest amount of  time.  Then we contract them to build said kit guaranteeing them that we will buy enough kits to cover their development costs and provide a certain percentage profit (so they can keep going) over a certain period of time (measured in years and fractions thereof).  THAT is what we are going to do, not hope, then wait and see what those companies may give  us in the way of 1/32 kits.  This thread isn't about what kit we want, this is about doing business in a slightly different way than before.   We're controlling what the company gives us.  Get it?  We may have to "prepay" or put a good faith deposit down on a kit we may not see for a year or two but a lot of us do that anyway....  It's called a preorder.  We'd contract for say, an initial run of 2500 kits @ price "x".  I'm sure we could get several distributors and retailers involved and in  this global economy, hell we might need 5000 kits. 

Naturally, I don't really think this would work but isn't it refreshing to think we could actually take control of the design and development of a new Typhoon?   Yes, the Typhoon, not another aircraft that you may want, this thread is about the Typhoon and ONLY the Typhoon.  Like I've written above, I like a lot of aircraft as much or better than the Tiffie but this one is about the Tiffie.  One of the mfg's has to have a Tiffie in their CAD files someplace.  I know Hasegawa did one in 1/48 and I haven't heard bad things about it (but haven't really been paying attention to 1/48 for some years now).

Edited by Juggernut

There's the PCM Mk.I's and Fly have a Mk.IIC on the way with others to follow...

Now that would be nice. Wouldn't surprise me a bit to eventually see it either.

I know Hasegawa did one in 1/48 and I haven't heard bad things about it (but haven't really been paying attention to 1/48 for some years now).

I have (or have had) both, car door and bubble, and have never discovered any problems that would prevent an awesome Typhoon from being built from either kit.

If Fly's Hurricane is as good as their Ar 234, I'll certainly be getting one.

If Tamiya go the Japanese route next then a modern tool Nakajima Ki-43 Hayabusa is slightly overdue, and I'd love a Seiran. I know a lot of people want more of the Pearl Harbor era gear too.

If British I'd most like to see a new, accurate Beaufighter VI.f

There are a lot of mainstream American subjects (for which I'm only really interested in 2nd & 3rd generation jets, so don't care much except for some saucy decals).

If German please do a Bf 110 G-4 nachtjager.

Tony

I think we are missing the obvious when you think about it. Tamiya surely will do a 109 or a 190 next. They have done the an English and an American aircraft so far. and it just makes sense.

The trend at Tamiya has been to alternate between new tool releases and spin-offs of existing kits.  Since a new tool Mosquito was just announced  I would expect the next release to be a development of an existing kit, so P-51B or a Spitfire Mk I is certainly possible.  I should mention however that all of my predictions regarding Tamiya's  releases have been wrong.

Edited by RBrown

I think we are missing the obvious when you think about it. Tamiya surely will do a 109 or a 190 next. They have done the an English and an American aircraft so far. and it just makes sense.

I sooooooooooooo hope not. We are very, very well served for German single seater fighters in 1/32 - which is what I hope Tamiya are thinking, the market is pretty saturated. (Knowing full well that a 1/32 with a Swastika on the tail will sell like hot cakes, I'm in denial here.Help.)

An A/B Mustang would be cool, I prefer those to the sleek, bubble-top D's. What does the Japanese market want & support? A Ki 44, 61, or even a Ki 83? Possibly too Japanese. A Hurricane? Iconic enough, perhaps not having the wow factor. Maybe a Soviet fighter, a Yak-3 or an La-5, but then again, part of the war on the Eastern front that gets nothing like the coverage of the other theatres. A Stuka? Famous enough, for sure.

Tamiya don't do obscure, at least not in 1/32, so I reckon it'll be a P-47. After the A/B Mustang & Mossie variants, of course.

Tamiyas releases are, to me, Iconic planes from different nations. (props here). Brit= Spitty x 3-4 versions, US=Mustang& Corsair, Japanese= Zero x 2 versions. So, if we guess on an iconic German plane, it has to be an Me, or FW. Which variant? Depends on a lot of factors, but I have it on good faith that MrT is well aware of the Hase/Trump offerings. If the last few Tamiya 1/32 prop planes are any indicator, a Tamiya Me-109 G would put any other kit in the dust. Not because the other kits are crap, but because the Tamiya kit would be the top of the mark. Sort of like the Hase Ki-61 did to the original Revell kit, (with all due recognition to Radu!) So, if we get a -109 from Tamiya, we'll see a lot of 109s on the tables at shops, and a lot of chatter hoping for earlier/later versions in said series.

Me? I want a Spitty Mk I, and Mk Vb with trop filter, a P-51 B, and A-36, a Rufe/Hamp set of sprues, and that'll do for now.

I wouldn't expect any german object...everybody makes them. After the Mossie I would guess  P-38 is the next (I would prefer early version)  or some japanese fighter?

I think Tamiya will base their next project on an existing 1/48 offering from their catalog.

It wouldn't surprise me if we see both P-47 Razorback and Bubble tops get the 1/32 treatment.

But than again it could be anything from their 1/48 range....(?)