OV-10 D Bronco

Nic C.D.

Dear all,

Me and my buddy François have been busy the past couple of weeks to build Kitty Hawk's OV-10D Bronco. A very nice kit indeed! Here are a couple of photos of the end-result:

Foto-LYCKKOD6-D.jpg

Foto-4IWV7ONU-D.jpg

Foto-A4QQNTKM-D.jpg

On TMN, there's a step-by-step construction of it.

http://www.themodellingnews.com/2015/03/big-buckin-bronco-built-up-kittyhawks.html#more

Thanks for watching everyone! 

Nic

The decals are extremely thin. They work very nicely, but are fragile, so care has to be taken when you put them on the kit. It's a very impressive kit. Not the easiest one, but I've had a lot of fun with it!

Nic

Well done!!!

Its a wonderful kit, of which I found the fit excellent on both the OV-10D and the OV-10A both.  There are some tricky spots in construction, but the decals were my biggest hangup..

If your not careful with them, as pointed out the will rip, and/or fold over on themselves. With all of the AM love about to come out for the OV-10s, the possibilities are endless.

Great looking model!  

Thanks everyone! It sure is a great kit if you like cockpit detail. Every little thing you paint or add to it can be seen in the finished kit.

Here are a couple more photos:

Foto-CF88J6HE-D.jpg

A close-up of the engine:

Foto-6W3Y3IZG-D.jpg

and one more:

Foto-FWWPF7IQ-D.jpg

Thanks for watching !

Nic

Very nicely done model and cockpit ! The scratchbuild is very good (except that i find the rivets on the seats a bit oversized) and bring a very realistic feeling of a busy cockpit.