Trumpeter E.E Lightning F Mk 1. Finished.

ericg

Thanks guys,

All of your comments certainly help me to do better with each build.

Zero, I didn't have any issues with masking the Alclad at all. I have never encountered the usual issues with Alclad for some reason.

Eric.

Here is the ejection seat. Even though I used the Aires cockpit, I felt that the ejection seat from that set looked a little `stiff', so I went with another that I had laying around that I think is an AMS seat (Harold?)

E505D28E-631D-4AED-9F1B-BF1DEA270CEA_zps

Looks good fitted in the pit.

96E88930-6392-4975-90F5-E363DE9E769F_zps

The missiles proved to be a pain to try and bring out the detail, so I outlined some of the panel lines with a sharp lead pencil rather than try and get a wash into the nooks and crannies.

EE39AF40-9D7E-4406-8E49-8E965B1C251D_zps

I just finished this project. It certainly isn't perfect, but for a model that has been taken to its very limit as far as modifications go, it has came out nicely.

CE8D592E-E012-4C59-BDD4-4A979C9C078D_zps

I will take some good photos in the next few days. Need to replace the pitot tube as it fell on the ground and it was bent beyond repair.

Here it is in its new home, my favourite part of a build.

9EBD0604-EB2F-410B-BAEF-B5A7A3A91C6A_zps

My wall of shame, which is keeping me almost honest as to how many (notice I said almost) works in progress I have on the go. Rather than start something new, I am allowing myself to work on any of the models listed on this board at any time. 2 large scale completions in 2 weeks is pretty good. At his rate I will be running out of room pretty soon and will have to either start throwing out some of my older completions like the Mirage and Phantom or ask the Mrs to shift out to free up some space which would allow me to buy a new display cabinet. Only one of these options is plausible (I think a new display case will look great next to my other 3?)

93B84633-9854-4755-A5BE-7431E9D06071_zps

I decided to get stuck into the Super Hornet as it is another of my builds which is kicking around the workshop and getting in my way. I wanted to avoid Trumpeter and especially a Trumpeter big jet if I could but it is something I really am inspired to complete.

52702F87-5DE4-4FB5-AE90-FBAE7B2B9FF5_zps

Great stuff Eric. That seat looks brilliant.

You may not be entirely satisfied with your big Lightning but it looks darn good on my monitor. I've always fancied building an F6 but shied away from it because of the trials of others.

Your model proves that it can be done. Very inspirational and, I too look forward to the RFI pics.

Cheers.

Eric, I love the Lightning - I have often felt that the trumpeter kit looks unconvincing but I your hands it has come out looking brilliant and extremely realist. Well done.

I'll also get a kick out of you restarting the super hornet - good luck! :popcorn:

Cheers

Jim

Just outstanding build here ! I want to do my 6, but I am waiting for Iain to finish his resin (hint hint)......Harv :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :punk: