1:32 Hasegawa P47D "Slick Chick"

Rick K

• 2 weeks later...

DECALS

Decals applied using Kits-World War Birds # 132028 for Perego's mount and EagleCal #107 for national insignia and stencils.  Kits-World decals went down beautifully and the carrier film almost disappeared.  EagleCal went down beautifully with no issues as well.  Both responded very well to setting solutions.

Only issue was with the national insignias as the setting solution gave me fits by leaving little deposits of "crystallized" spots.

SlickChickDecalFinal.07.jpg

SlickChickDecalFinal.08.jpg

50" national insignias for both side of lower wings.

SlickChickDecalFinal.11.jpg

SlickChickDecalFinal.13.jpg

I threw on the (almost completed) Hamilton Standard 13' prop for a test fit.  Will also finish the Curtiss Electric 13' prop so I can switch out from time to time.  I like the look of the stubby prop boss on the HS.

SlickChickDecalFinal.15.jpg

SlickChickDecalFinal.12.jpg

SlickChickDecalFinal.16.jpg

"Slick Chick" finally showed up and is all settled in and currently finishing her photo shoot.

Stunning! Great finish! One small critique if I may... The leading edge of the engine cowling has several latches that should be filled in and sanded as the real latches actually transition the panels. Otherwise an outstanding build so far!

Cheers

Alan

Terrific progress Rick - it looks great! Nearly there, eh?

Kev

ha, thanks Kev.  those remaining details: M10, bombs, landing gear, drop tank are far from finished.  but I do see light at end of tunnel.

Rick

One Gorgeous Jug .. and her glamor shots look fantastic

Keep 'em coming

peter

thanks Peter

Stunning! Great finish! One small critique if I may... The leading edge of the engine cowling has several latches that should be filled in and sanded as the real latches actually transition the panels. Otherwise an outstanding build so far!

Cheers

Alan

thanks Alan.  about those latches.  shh, do not tell anyone...our secret, ok?  :)

SHE CAVED AND GAVE IN

After begging, pleading, whispering sweet nothings and plenty of setting fluid Slick Chick gave in to my charms and laid down just the way I like it.  Kudos to Kits-World for their very workable decals.

Due to the panel size on the Hasegawa kit the nose art right edge will be touching the cowling flaps.  I considered trimming the top and bottom so I could move forward and pull the nose art away from the cowling flaps.  Several test cuts on copies resulted in altering the nose art in an unacceptable way.  So, FICE.

Enjoy.

SlickChickDecalFinal.17.jpg

SlickChickDecalFinal.19.jpg

SlickChickDecalFinal.21.jpg

SlickChickDecalFinal.18.jpg

Overall gloss varnish and the weathering will begin soon.

Edited by Rick K