P-47D 1/32 "Big Ass Bird" Hasegawa

Phoenixs

Great job on BABII!   I have one of these in my display cabinet but it's nowhere near as good as yours.  I used the Eagle Editions decal sheet and it was a PITA to try and match the red of the cowl with the red swoosh (which is a decal that EE gives you with the BABII written on it.) and I failed miserably.  Couple of things I noticed about your build but before I say anything, please look at my screen name and note that this aircraft occupies a special place in my heart and I have spent a great deal of time on her.  Ok, having said that, the coloration in two parts of your build are slightly amiss.  Namely the cockpit should be Dull Dark Green, not Interior Green (only the Curtiss built P-47's were completed with IG cockpits and none of those saw combat due to poor quality control).  Second, the entire wheel well and landing gear doors should be Yellow Zinc, not interior green.  Not a huge issue whatsoever and for those that aren't into the P-47 as much as I may not know the difference.  Again, I applaud your efforts and as I said above, it sure beats the hell outta my rendition!  Carry On!

Great job on BABII!   I have one of these in my display cabinet but it's nowhere near as good as yours.  I used the Eagle Editions decal sheet and it was a PITA to try and match the red of the cowl with the red swoosh (which is a decal that EE gives you with the BABII written on it.) and I failed miserably.  Couple of things I noticed about your build but before I say anything, please look at my screen name and note that this aircraft occupies a special place in my heart and I have spent a great deal of time on her.  Ok, having said that, the coloration in two parts of your build are slightly amiss.  Namely the cockpit should be Dull Dark Green, not Interior Green (only the Curtiss built P-47's were completed with IG cockpits and none of those saw combat due to poor quality control).  Second, the entire wheel well and landing gear doors should be Yellow Zinc, not interior green.  Not a huge issue whatsoever and for those that aren't into the P-47 as much as I may not know the difference.  Again, I applaud your efforts and as I said above, it sure beats the hell outta my rendition!  Carry On!

Thank you for the compliments, and I gladly accept the criticisms of an expert of p-47, the doors of the landing gear are colored in yellow zinc, but probably the washes have darkened the color... I did not know the color of the cockpit ... the next I'll do it right :-)