1/32nd Pilatus PC-7 from Scratch - 07/04 Spinner & Air Intakes

Fabster

Thanks a whole bunch guys. It really help to keep the morale high knowing you're liking the way my progress is coming along.  

Today, and just for fun, I temporarily taped it all together to show you a very general view on how the job is finally starting to look like an actual aircraft.  The wheels are not the final ones but these spares from the box are pretty close to the size I will have create the ones for the actual model.  For now they're just there to spice the thing upo a little bit, hehe.

I hope you like this little "intermezzo" between the previous achievements and what comes next in line.

_DSC5429_zpsc3d063a5.jpg

_DSC5441_zpsf2b10f7d.jpg

_DSC5435_zps13b5ac01.jpg

_DSC5431_zpsf5726f38.jpg

Cheers!

Fab

Thanks you everyone for your comments and support!

Fantastic Fabian - When a scratch built model temporarily assembled looks better than a 3D CAD image, you know that you are looking at something special.

Derek

Derek & Kev, it is indeed a weird feeling for a first-timer like me, to see how a set of paper plans, a piece of wood and a couple sheets of styrene litte by little start becoming an actual model~!  and even thou there's still a TON of work to be done (not to mention paint, markings and all of that) I am really enjoying this new experience immensely.

Greetings,

Fabian

That looks superb - I can only imagine the sense of accomplishment you must feel at moments like that. ALL the work is yours and there'll be no other like it.

Tom

Thank you for your comment, Tom. I am certainly having a feeling of "self-pride" because at first I wasn't too sure I could even start with a project like this.

I do know for a fact it could be so much better but given this is my first serious attempt at finishing something from scratch, truth is I am very happy with what I've accomplished this far.

Lets just hope I wont disappoint in the end!

Fab

Gentlemen, 

For the past week or so I've been working back in the cockpit. As you may remember from a few pages back, the tub was just a basic shape devoid of any detail.

Well it was time to spice this up a little and I started with one of the instrument panels and it's central column.  Based on several reference shots (and a 3D model created by my good friend Patrick) I believe I was able to come up with a close approximation to what the real thing looks like, using a Micromart Punch-and-die, plasticard sheet and styrene rods of different calibers, besides high magnification glasses, steady hand, patience, an array of bad words I didnt know I knew and of course quite a few glasses of wine to round it up, ha!

And here is what i came up with afterwards.  I hope you like the end results!

_DSC5703_zps719d716b.jpg

_DSC5667_zps1afe11e4.jpg

_DSC5629_zps8127e2f0.jpg

panel2-03apr2014_zps36bbc820.jpg

Cheers, all.

Fab