Total Scratch build of the front end of a B17G!

fozzy

YIKES!!!

That stinks!!!!    We have all in fact done it I believe. If its not falling with a model, its accidentally crushing it, or part of it, or letting it accidentally fall too close to a room heater.  :rolleyes:

Been there!  Good luck buddy, and hopefully youll be able to make a full recovery.  :)

YIKES!!!

That stinks!!!!    We have all in fact done it I believe. If its not falling with a model, its accidentally crushing it, or part of it, or letting it accidentally fall too close to a room heater.  :rolleyes:

Been there!  Good luck buddy, and hopefully youll be able to make a full recovery.  :)

Cheers Brian....should be able to with a bit of luck!! :please:

Sorry to hear of your mishap Martin! Hopefully the bruises to your person will heal, and the bruises to your model are repairable. It'll be worth it!

Kev

Thanks Kev....I would like to report that I am healing well! and the B17 is now been repaired and I'm back on track again.... ;)

Afternoon every body!

Well its been a week since my last post....and most of the time that has been spent in my office making 8 oxygen tanks! sad.png

Incredibly laborious but had to be done to get me another step nearer to finishing this project smile.png

I have to say that the tanks aren't 100% accurate but I found that when I had painted them they kind of looked the part....I will let you decide on that one!! wink.png

So I decided to make them from Balsa wood and in this first picture. ...it shows the 8 pieces of wood cut to a near enough

size!

oo_zps254ad93b.jpg

I sanded them all down to the shape required for the tanks...............

jh002_zpse1fca398.jpg

I then put several coats of diluted white glue to seal the wood prior to painting and then a bit of detail was added .....not brilliant I have to admit!! unsure.png

jh003_zpsf8552f75.jpg

Then I rather quickly covered it all in yellow paint in the hope that they would improve!!.........

bt007_zps82bc891d.jpg

Next I made the portable oxygen bottle and bracket for the top turret operator /Engineer ...you can see it in the next few shots of the tanks in place in the cockpit........

bt015_zps1c642ee5.jpg

bt003_zps0c93e6c6.jpg

bt016_zpsa36409ee.jpg

yyt012_zps33e59260.jpg

I have to say that I am glad that ,that stage is complete ,as it was a pain in the rear end!! angry.png I think I might have got away with the tanks the way they look...what you reckon?

Next up to scratch its the Hydraulic panel installation...when I have finished that ...I'll be back!

Fozzy

Good afternoon and cheers for your comments lads :)

Time for a very quick update.

I managed to scratch the Hydraulic station that holds the electric pump etc which is situated just behind the oxygen tanks on the Starboard cockpit wall.

As per usual ...all made from plastic and wire.................

eea002_zps0ff91d0b.jpg

pp003_zpsea539fde.jpg

pp007_zps0ba21f78.jpg

eea012_zps455bf20c.jpg

I am now about to have a go at the coffee dispenser just above the electric pump!!!....should be interesting!!!! hmmm.gif

Cheers for looking in

Fozzy