fozzy

Total Scratch build of the front end of a B17G!

Cheers Harv :)

Hello again

As I mentioned yesterday that I was making the seat belts...well they are finished so I thought I'd post the pics now!

It wasn't a waste of time annealing the aluminum coke can for the bucket seats after all ,as it came in handy for these belts! wink.png

Here they are before attaching them to the seats.....................

w002_zps60ecd843.jpg

........and here they are on the seats and in the cockpit without the fuselage top on.................

fd005_zpsd2a46d44.jpg

j004_zps8fff7be9.jpg

hhh002_zps27e7bd8b.jpg

here are some shots with the top halve of the fuselage......first taken through the pilots port side window ................

hhh006_zps9d8cb270.jpg

...and through the pilots top perspex .......

hhh007_zpsf1a10fcd.jpg

...and through the top of the co pilots perspex....

hhh012_zpse2e2ebc3.jpg

...and finally through the co pilots side window...

hhh013_zps224cc51a.jpg

Okay then .....moving on we have all the bits and bobs that fit behind both seats (oxygen bottles ,pumps etc etc)...which I will start scratching later.

Once again ..thanks for taking a looksie! smile.png

Fozzy

Good afternoon Gents and Ladies of course!

Thing is...its not a good afternoon at all! sad.pngsad.pngviolin.gif

As modellers we have all done it I'm sure!.....Nice day out side ...light looks good to photo the next post for the forum.....set the model up on a table out side in the garden...take a few choice photo's pipe.gif ...pick up the model and proceed to the computer to see what the snaps look like and.........................................

Fall flat on your ars#.. blush.png ........ as you go down you try to save the model juggling it from hand to hand .....but its no use the hard ground is getting closer. ohmy.png ....you don't give a hoot about your own well being ...as long as the model doesn't get smashed?. unsure.png ..but you finally come to your senses and let the model go so you can use your hands to stop the concrete smashing you in the face.

Then comes the wait!!. waiting.gif .......you are on the floor...you dare not look towards the crumpled mess that was once your model!...but you take a peek........AAAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!. yikes.gif ......Then comes the ...."all the hours.....no years ...I have put into making this model !!"

That blo#dy step !!why didn't I walk the other friggin way! wall.gif

Then comes the damage report........................

ITEMS TO BE FIXED

1. Re set both Pilot and Co pilot seats onto cockpit floor.

2. Replace 2 x oxygen bottles on lower flooring bellow cockpit floor.

3. Fix and re glue Chin Turret aiming device.

4. re glue the work that I did this morning!!

Not too bad I suppose although its at least a days work to rectify! weep.gif

Before I set about fixing it I might as well show you the blasted said photos of the small progress I did make before this disaster!!

I managed to find a scrap of milliput and I set about making this.......................

yt003_zpsd108b13a.jpg

I made two of them...they sit beneath the Pilot and co pilot seats....some sort of electric motor or pump??any body out there who knows what they are ..let me know!!! wink.png

Here they are painted and installed ( well..they are not at the moment ) rolleyes.gif ...............

yt004_zps9164baf2.jpg

oo001_zps003b98ec.jpg

Right then.....back to the drawing board!!!.......laters

Fozzy.........did I mention that I have a few bruises?..no?

YIKES!!!

That stinks!!!!    We have all in fact done it I believe. If its not falling with a model, its accidentally crushing it, or part of it, or letting it accidentally fall too close to a room heater.  :rolleyes:

Been there!  Good luck buddy, and hopefully youll be able to make a full recovery.  :)

YIKES!!!

That stinks!!!!    We have all in fact done it I believe. If its not falling with a model, its accidentally crushing it, or part of it, or letting it accidentally fall too close to a room heater.  :rolleyes:

Been there!  Good luck buddy, and hopefully youll be able to make a full recovery.  :)

Cheers Brian....should be able to with a bit of luck!! :please:

Could have been worse.  Glad it wasn't.  Item may be a heating unit.  Just a guess.

Sincerely,

Mark

Yep ...could be Mark...thanks!....and cheers Rich. :)

Sorry to hear of your mishap Martin! Hopefully the bruises to your person will heal, and the bruises to your model are repairable. It'll be worth it!

Kev

Thanks Kev....I would like to report that I am healing well! and the B17 is now been repaired and I'm back on track again.... ;)

Afternoon every body!

Well its been a week since my last post....and most of the time that has been spent in my office making 8 oxygen tanks! sad.png

Incredibly laborious but had to be done to get me another step nearer to finishing this project smile.png

I have to say that the tanks aren't 100% accurate but I found that when I had painted them they kind of looked the part....I will let you decide on that one!! wink.png

So I decided to make them from Balsa wood and in this first picture. ...it shows the 8 pieces of wood cut to a near enough

size!

oo_zps254ad93b.jpg

I sanded them all down to the shape required for the tanks...............

jh002_zpse1fca398.jpg

I then put several coats of diluted white glue to seal the wood prior to painting and then a bit of detail was added .....not brilliant I have to admit!! unsure.png

jh003_zpsf8552f75.jpg

Then I rather quickly covered it all in yellow paint in the hope that they would improve!!.........

bt007_zps82bc891d.jpg

Next I made the portable oxygen bottle and bracket for the top turret operator /Engineer ...you can see it in the next few shots of the tanks in place in the cockpit........

bt015_zps1c642ee5.jpg

bt003_zps0c93e6c6.jpg

bt016_zpsa36409ee.jpg

yyt012_zps33e59260.jpg

I have to say that I am glad that ,that stage is complete ,as it was a pain in the rear end!! angry.png I think I might have got away with the tanks the way they look...what you reckon?

Next up to scratch its the Hydraulic panel installation...when I have finished that ...I'll be back!

Fozzy